Weekly News Roundup (24/10 - 30/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm standing in for the slacker, I will not update the opening post as I too am a slacker!

(But we are having the correct date format in the title.)

24/10: FloSports starting a streaming service to focus on wrestling called FloSlam. They've not actually announced it yet so no real details yet. Link.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
And now they've actually made their announcement, Link.

Austin, TX (Oct. 24, 2016) – FloSports today announced a five-year partnership with World Wrestling Network Live (WWNLive) to make FloSlam.tv the exclusive worldwide streaming partner of all WWNLive properties, including EVOLVE, SHINE, Full Impact Pro and WWN Supershow.

FloSlam users can access all live streams and premium content on the site via monthly ($20/month introductory price) or annual ($150/year) FloPRO subscription. Annual subscribers to FloSlam receive a universal pass to all premium content across the FloSports network, including FloWrestling, FloGrappling, FloCombat, FloKO and others.

Meltzer says he'll have a guest from the company on his show tonight, so I expect we'll get more details then.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's a push internally to sign James Ellsworth to a full-time deal.

Apparently his shirt sales raised eyebrows, and paired with his online popularity, it's very possible he becomes a WWE regular while this popularity lasts

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Amazing how they didn't even try to get him over as a face, but they can't do it with virtually anybody else.

I think these past few days are about to push me over the edge to finally get a subscription to WON as well.

If I can get New Japan with English commentary, and through a website that I can actually decipher, say no more. Shimmer would be awesome too.

Oct 18, 2011
ellsworth is this generations gillberg not even trying to be funny he's over in his own way

i don't think it's a good idea to make him full time it will kill the guy, but having him randomly show up is an effective use

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think you can use him on TV full time, but I think it's worth signing him to some sort of contract so you've got access to him whenever you want him. He's got enough life in him that you could use him for a year or two if done sparingly.

Even full time would be fine if they just kept him off TV and only used him on the houseshow tours. Turning him into 'just another guy' really would be silly.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I'd put Ellsworth in the cruiserweights then over time give him a run at the CW title. He's a likeable underdog that can bring some personality to the CW's thatks severly lacking and his brawler style is different enough to give the fans something other than the usual flippy dippy spot fests that loose their appeal after a while.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also WWE is going to test out "RAW Talk" after HIAC on Sunday to see if they can replicate Talking Smack for RAW. Nothing on hosts yet.

If they let them stay unscripted it can work. Rusev and Braun just shouting and shooting could be hilarious.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd put Ellsworth in the cruiserweights then over time give him a run at the CW title. He's a likeable underdog that can bring some personality to the CW's thatks severly lacking and his brawler style is different enough to give the fans something other than the usual flippy dippy spot fests that loose their appeal after a while.
Sounds like a silly idea to me. It's a high skill division, not a brawling one. The entire point of having them separate is so they're different, wanting to make them the same as the rest of the show makes no sense.

And the CWC showed that there's plenty to show in that division, it's just Raw being Raw as to why it's lacking.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
At a later hour than talking smack

The problem is that Raw will probably want to do it longer because they're better than Smackdown. Smackdown's show runs like 20 minutes. Raw will probably do an hour for the hell of it. lol But hey, if they allow KO to dominate that programming, I will watch it.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The problem is that Raw will probably want to do it longer because they're better than Smackdown. Smackdown's show runs like 20 minutes. Raw will probably do an hour for the hell of it. lol But hey, if they allow KO to dominate that programming, I will watch it.
Yup, you just know that **** will be an hour.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How does this company look at all the time they're already running programming and think "we need MORE!"?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't think WWE understands that people like Ellsworth ironically. He's a geek that shouldn't be there, and it's funny. But in typical WWE fashion they just look at things superficially and think "BOY THEY REALLY LOVE ELLSWORTH HUH?"

I don't hate the guy by any means, but the joke is over. It was funny and entertaining the first two times, but now they've exhausted any novelty he once had. If you want to bring him out at the Rumble that's fine, but for the love of God these guys ruin EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Taker is at the cavs celebration tonight in cleveland and guess what? He looks like he could beat the **** out of someone in the ring right now.

as usual people blew up about some crap picture that surfaced and he looks nothing like it now. Same as every year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think WWE understands that people like Ellsworth ironically. He's a geek that should be there, and it's funny. But in typical WWE fashion they just look at things superficially and think "BOY THEY REALLY LOVE ELLSWORTH HUH?"

I don't hate the guy by any means, but the joke is over. It was funny and entertaining the first two times, but now they've exhausted any novelty he once had. If you want to bring him out at the Rumble that's fine, but for the love of God these guys ruin EVERYTHING.

I can't believe people are actually buying his shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad