Weekly News Roundup (10/3 - 10/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while the company outwardly talks like ratings are no longer a reliable metric, Vince McMahon was reportedly very upset with the September 27th record low Raw rating.

The feeling in the TV industry was that the ratings that night did not matter, because everyone (including Monday Night Football) got destroyed in the ratings by the presidential debate. But WWE’s issue is that the overall Raw rating has fallen more than expected with the return of Monday Night Football, and that is with Monday Night Football ratings being down overall for the season.

Vince probably isn't that concerned with the rating itself. USA might be a different issue when you can skip commercials if you're DVR'ing Raw and Smackdown

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That deal would be so, so good for TNA imo.

Shacking up with the network almost assures a pretty significant viewer boost. Better then being on POP for sure.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That deal would be so, so good for TNA imo.

Shacking up with the network almost assures a pretty significant viewer boost. Better then being on POP for sure.
I dunno.

Who actually wants to watch TNA who isn't already doing so? It's not like it's hard to do or anything. And on top of that, who would pay $5 a month extra to watch them when they're already paying for WWE content?

Everyone here is already complaining about there being too much wrestling to watch with WWE content alone, why would anyone anyone then add TNA to their weekly viewing when they already have access to all the WWE stuff? While TNA has been decent recently, it's not really much different form WWE? So really it's just more of the same.

And most subscribers to the Network already don't watch NXT, which tells me they're not really interested in more of the same already. So I don't think being on the Network would help TNA much at all.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Would upgrade to 14.99 no questions asked.
If they get an indy promotion that I already follow, then I'll pay. Else I'll probably not bother.

Access to some random indy promotions really don't interest me much as I already actively follow a bunch of them. I'm not looking to add more to my list.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
If they get an indy promotion that I already follow, then I'll pay. Else I'll probably not bother.

Access to some random indy promotions really don't interest me much as I already actively follow a bunch of them. I'm not looking to add more to my list.
5 dollars more for TNA and ROH library, no ads, and fan perks? No brainer for me.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 dollars more for TNA and ROH library, no ads, and fan perks? No brainer for me.
The TNA and/or RoH libraries would probably be worth it (if they actually got them), but not for long. Once I'd burnt through the bits I'd want to watch I'd be done with it.

The fan perks are w/e, nothing of value to me in those. The only ads I see are the 7sec ones before watching a show, so skipping those isn't really much of a bonus. Download for offline viewing could be useful, depending on implementation, but not something I'd pay extra for alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad