Weekly News Roundup (10/3 - 10/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while the company outwardly talks like ratings are no longer a reliable metric, Vince McMahon was reportedly very upset with the September 27th record low Raw rating.

The feeling in the TV industry was that the ratings that night did not matter, because everyone (including Monday Night Football) got destroyed in the ratings by the presidential debate. But WWE’s issue is that the overall Raw rating has fallen more than expected with the return of Monday Night Football, and that is with Monday Night Football ratings being down overall for the season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't believe they will go through with a Brock/Shane match.

Shane should use Joe as a surrogate for that match. Hell, they can have Joe debut at Survivor Series and bump into Lesnar during the event and bring it along as you go. Have Joe debut and win the IC strap from Miz, bump into Lesnar, have Lesnar cost Joe the IC title at the Rumble, set up the Mania match from there. It's really easy and will make a lot of money.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Shane being booked as an actual challenge to Taker and now possibly Brock is the biggest joke in wrestling since David Arquette: World Champion.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The thing WWE seems to miss about why people liked Shane because he wasn't booked to be on any guy's level. Ever.

"But he almost beat Kurt Angle! and he's a world class wrestler!" Yes, but that match was also a street fight. Suddenly being a world class wrestler goes out the window when you're getting hit by singapore canes, garbage cans, and what have you.

He won the European championship though! With interference from DX screwing the champion. But he beat the Big Show! Again, with interference.

The one time he didn't have help is when he had to face Steve Blackman, and Blackman kicked the crap out of him.

WWE always protected the other guy in a Shane match. Even if he did win one without help, he usually had to do something bat**** insane to achieve that.

Booking him 50/50 with Undertaker was dumb, doing it with Lesnar might be the greatest insult to wrestling fan's intelligence since Mr. America.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I doubt Goldberg is going to be a full timer. Lesnar/Goldberg at SS, maybe he has a match with Cena at the Rumble or something.

I'm going to lol when he Goldbergs through Wyatt just for ***** and giggs.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I doubt Goldberg is going to be a full timer. Lesnar/Goldberg at SS, maybe he has a match with Cena at the Rumble or something.

I'm going to lol when he Goldbergs through Wyatt just for ***** and giggs.

Man if that happened to Wyatt I would just want him to leave the company and go work for someone who won't completely waste his talent

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Works for me. I've been sick of the deliverance inbred voodoo hick ever since he debuted.

I'm in the opposite side, it's nice to not have a plain vanilla gimmick for once. I like a little showmanship with my wrestling and larger than life characters.

It's probably why I've never liked Boreton. I think the only time I tolerated him was when he did those RNN updates on his injured shoulder.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Shane is amazing at taking bumps and I respect the crazy **** he has done to give the fans their money's worth. Still, his offense is embarassing and asking guys like Taker and Brock to sell for a middle aged businessman is insulting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shane is amazing at taking bumps and I respect the crazy **** he has done to give the fans their money's worth. Still, his offense is embarassing and asking guys like Taker and Brock to sell for a middle aged businessman is insulting.
I don't think Brock cares as long as he's paid.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The thing WWE seems to miss about why people liked Shane because he wasn't booked to be on any guy's level. Ever.

"But he almost beat Kurt Angle! and he's a world class wrestler!" Yes, but that match was also a street fight. Suddenly being a world class wrestler goes out the window when you're getting hit by singapore canes, garbage cans, and what have you.

He won the European championship though! With interference from DX screwing the champion. But he beat the Big Show! Again, with interference.

The one time he didn't have help is when he had to face Steve Blackman, and Blackman kicked the crap out of him.

WWE always protected the other guy in a Shane match. Even if he did win one without help, he usually had to do something bat**** insane to achieve that.

Booking him 50/50 with Undertaker was dumb, doing it with Lesnar might be the greatest insult to wrestling fan's intelligence since Mr. America.

This.

I'm over Shane being back but his live reactions is making the fools at WWE think we want to see him wrestler when that's not even close to true.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Rumors for the Day:
The Observer is reporting the Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar match is indeed on for Survivor Series and the biggest reason is because they wanted it close to the release of the WWE 2K17 video game.
It's also noted that it isn't happening at WrestleMania 33 because Lesnar's opponent is already decided for that show and they didn't want to change it.

Vince McMahon was apparently "very upset" with the ratings for Raw when it hit a record low up against the first Presidential debate, according to the Observer. That could be why there are changes coming.

Despite the situation with his stabbing story, AAA is expected to continue booking Alberto El Patron going forward.

Ricochet is apparently going to get a big push in New Japan going forward.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We knew this was the plan, but confirmation that WWE is selling tickets to a NXT show bundled with Royal Rumble.

It isn't labeled a Takeover yet, but it is safe to assume it will become one.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
that plan will last about as long as all the other Strowman plans

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Joe is supposed to run into Lesnar, he can't do that on smackdown

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Rumors on the intrawebz that there's a big shakeup going on in WWE Creative and Paul Mother****in' Heyman is going to get a bigger role in creative. I can't see it with Paul's outside commitments and how much he antagonizes the McMahons. But I couldn't imagine a better thing happening for WWE. Especially since they're getting their teeth kicked in business wise.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
1475924357473.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Joe is supposed to run into Lesnar, he can't do that on smackdown

It's not stopping Shane from supposedly being Lesnar's opponent for WM. And as far as we know, there are zero plans to do anything like Joe vs. Lesnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad