Weekly News Roundup (10/17 - 10/23)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He probably would've sold that better w/o making it sound like he would legitimately join a fight camp for six months. Make it look like he joined a fight camp and be off TV for six months? Yeah, you can probably sell on that since he's still doing house shows but not shoot the fight camp stuff legitimately.

Is there a bigger mark for themselves than Ryback?

Seriously did he not realize that most of the audince was crapping on him during his WWE stint. Feed Me More had some popularity but the goldberg chants never really stopped.

Im sure WWE fans were dying to see a Ryback-Lesnar match :shakehead:shakehead

It should be clear that the only way Ryback can remain relevant is if he keeps talking about WWE. Once all his WWE stories are done no one will want to hear from him.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Rumors are in high gear for Shawn Michaels and Aj styles at Royal Rumble (not much evidence at the moment) San Antonio for the 20th Anniversary of Shawn winning the title. Shawn Michaels won the Title 20 years to the date. AJ styles said he would like to wrestle Shawn Michaels. Quite a bit of sites are reporting it.

http://four3four.com/1037/wwe-trying-to-bring-hbk-back-for-one-more-match/

There was a better chance of HBK coming back to wrestle DB for 30 than there is of him wrestling Styles now. HBK isn't wrestling ever again. He probably will make an appearance at the show because he tends to when they're in the area but he's not wrestling.

Is there a bigger mark for themselves than Ryback?

Seriously did he not realize that most of the audince was crapping on him during his WWE stint. Feed Me More had some popularity but the goldberg chants never really stopped.

Im sure WWE fans were dying to see a Ryback-Lesnar match :shakehead:shakehead

It should be clear that the only way Ryback can remain relevant is if he keeps talking about WWE. Once all his WWE stories are done no one will want to hear from him.

I don't think it's as much of him being a mark for himself as much as it is him not articulating what he's actually thinking in an eloquent enough way to get what he wants across. The audience never really gave Ryback a chance especially the smarks and that wasn't even really his fault. The look they gave him for Ryback as a Goldberg clone in an RVD singlet with what they were doing with him was too obvious. The man wasn't going to be a main eventer but he was a solid midcard guy and probably could've been a solid upper midcard/now and then in the main event type of guy. Ryback-Goldberg certainly was a match fans wanted to see even if it was just going to be a squash for Goldberg and had nothing to do with Ryback's ability to draw squat.

The dude did get a raw deal from the office and from fans. He's not all that talented overall but enough to have gotten the job done with the right backing that he never got. That happens frequently in wrestling. Everything he's doing now is just to make a buck. Can't really fault wrestlers for doing that.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
There was a better chance of HBK coming back to wrestle DB for 30 than there is of him wrestling Styles now. HBK isn't wrestling ever again. He probably will make an appearance at the show because he tends to when they're in the area but he's not wrestling.

I don't think it's as much of him being a mark for himself as much as it is him not articulating what he's actually thinking in an eloquent enough way to get what he wants across. The audience never really gave Ryback a chance especially the smarks and that wasn't even really his fault. The look they gave him for Ryback as a Goldberg clone in an RVD singlet with what they were doing with him was too obvious. The man wasn't going to be a main eventer but he was a solid midcard guy and probably could've been a solid upper midcard/now and then in the main event type of guy. Ryback-Goldberg certainly was a match fans wanted to see even if it was just going to be a squash for Goldberg and had nothing to do with Ryback's ability to draw squat.

The dude did get a raw deal from the office and from fans. He's not all that talented overall but enough to have gotten the job done with the right backing that he never got. That happens frequently in wrestling. Everything he's doing now is just to make a buck. Can't really fault wrestlers for doing that.

So you think it is similar to the Stone Cold rumors from two wrestle manias ago? Eventually stone cold just ended up doing a promo with Hulk and the Rock to start off the event.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Another day goes by with another company suing TNA;

Another lawsuit for unpaid bills against TNA Entertainment, filed over the summer, was by American Express Travel Related Services Company for unpaid bills.

American Express filed suit in the Supreme Court in the state of New York on July 20th claiming nonpayment of $269,049.50 in travel related expenses. The claim is the company used their American Express Corporate account to charge various items and American Express was not paid.

The claim is that the company agreed to payments on the receipt of monthly billing statements as well as to pay court costs if the case went to court. It claimed the agreement included that the defendants were to pay all reasonable costs when it came to American Express collecting the money owed, including finance charges and delinquency frees.

The lawsuit asked for payment of the $269,049.50 as well all legal costs for having to go to court and rectify the bill.

http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/tna-allegedly-owes-more-money-another-lawsuit-unearthed-222991

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So you think it is similar to the Stone Cold rumors from two wrestle manias ago? Eventually stone cold just ended up doing a promo with Hulk and the Rock to start off the event.

Either that or just something with Trips. Sometimes he'll get involved with a Trips story if it's convenient. With Seth and Trips being a setup down the road, the Rumble may be a time where maybe Seth is attacking Trips and HBK is there to do something like he was when DB kneed Trips and HBK superkicked him as he was the ref at the time. That's about the most I can see HBK doing. But maybe they just make him be the host of the event. It wouldn't surprise me but him getting in the ring for a match is not going to happen.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/101816wo.mp3

“Seth Rollins has the babyface wrestling moveset yet his promos, mannerisms, and in ring offense against people like Rusev and Jericho haven’t really been clicking well enough to convince the crowd of this”- Bryan Alvarez. Meltzer thinks Jericho will be turning Babyface very soon like literally the Raw after Hell in a Cell.

Creative has nothing for The Shining Stars, The Golden Truth, Titus O’Neil, Jinder Mahal, Darren Young, and Mark Henry. “Goldust is the most valuable star in the Undercard”- Dave Meltzer

“I refuse to believe that Cesaro has natural Charisma he’s swiss what would he know about Charisma?”- Vince McMahon

“Bo Dallas is to Raw what Elias Sampson is to NXT”- Bryan Alvarez “No human being wants to watch Bo wrestle in the WWE”- Dave Meltzer

”Dana Brooke is not cut out for this profession of work. She made Bayley look like garbage”- Dave Meltzer

Braun Strowman is going to injure Sami Zayn the way Riddick Moss injured Hideo Itami

“Vince has completely given up on The Club. They’re nothing without AJ or Balor”- Dave Meltzer

”Why the **** is Rich Swann not the Cruiserweight Champion right now?”-Dave Meltzer

They can **** right off with their opinions of Bo.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They can **** right off with their opinions of Bo.

I agree about kissing off with their opinion of Bo but their opinion of Strowman is sort of out of line. It's as if they don't remember that he has wrestled against actual talent before and never hurt anyone. Throwing jobbers around is a lot different than what he will do with Zayn. Giving up on the Club after breaking them up was not shocking at all especially when Balor went down. They should've traded them to Smackdown immediately after Balor got hurt but it would require them to think about people below the top of the card.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bo Dallas ****ing sucks. Elias Samson is better.

No **** they gave up on The Club. They're stupid as ****.

I've said the same thing about Rich Swann. Dude is the best thing in the division. Perkins is meh.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
it's a free wor so you can listen to it yourself, it's probably around the 40 min mark, but the way I recall it, "Braun Strowman is going to injure Sami Zayn the way Riddick Moss injured Hideo Itami" was not a serious comparison. Maybe I missed something, I don't even recall Moss-Itami being mentioned. They did say that Strowman would benefit a lot from a solid house show tour with Zayn, doing 7-10 minutes a night. Meltz was high on it.

It's **** like this that makes me want to recap everything they do, except it's way too much work for me.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
it's a free wor so you can listen to it yourself, it's probably around the 40 min mark, but the way I recall it, "Braun Strowman is going to injure Sami Zayn the way Riddick Moss injured Hideo Itami" was not a serious comparison. Maybe I missed something, I don't even recall Moss-Itami being mentioned. They did say that Strowman would benefit a lot from a solid house show tour with Zayn, doing 7-10 minutes a night. Meltz was high on it.

It's **** like this that makes me want to recap everything they do, except it's way too much work for me.

Did they really say it about Bo Dallas, though? Because Bo ****ing sucks.

Oct 18, 2011
if bo's dad and brother were not wrestlers he would never even get out of the indy's, and i doubt most of them would want him either

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't recall if it was explained, but the reason Taker was seen on crutches was because he had hip surgery.

Knowing the way Undertaker likes to sell to fool the audience, It would not surprise me one tiny bit that he intentionally lets these pictures surface year in and year out of how he's in terrible shape only to get back into form come mania season.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Did they really say it about Bo Dallas, though? Because Bo ****ing sucks.

dunno, tuned out as soon as Bo got mentioned. Tbf, given they would have been talking about Neville at that point, they may have talked about Zayn at this point and that's when the comment may have been made. Well re-listen by night's end.

edit actually, I've looked at all the quotes in that original post. I don't remember any of them being said like that. Some of them, they approached the general subject, but the actual hot-take....it wasn't like that.

**** i'm gonna have to listen to the whole show and recap it

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
I almost feel a bot was given the script and generated those quotes . here's what actually happened:

- They praise Y2J's timing in getting the pop RE the list. "He's about to be a cult baby face. I guess it's kinda on the way. It's kinda hilarious because he was one of those heels who never wanted to be cheered" (No actual mention of a possible upcoming turn)

- Alvarez: Seth isn't a sympathetic babyface, despite his move set. he should be a better face than heel, but it's not the case so far. And Dave agrees. And that's that.

- Alvarez doesn't like titus losing every week non Henry getting the pin. Dave doesn't care, although he would have preferred Goldust get it as he's "underpushed"

- the Cesaro thing is just Dave and Bryan being bewildered at the facebook live thing. "they feel he's not colourful enough and this is their idea of colour"

- The Bo thing is this: Bryan: An impossible match to care about, no heat, crowd beyond dead, adds "What in the hell was this". Dave says a possible program is a terrible idea, and brings up the Zayn tag. He'd rather them be a team. And the sign is called stupid. Neville deserves better. Should in the crusierweight division, should be the star of it. Those Bo quotes are totally fake.

- And then they swing into Dana. Dave talks about the finish and something to do with the turn-buckles. You can tell they don't rate her, but nothing said directly about her or Bayley

- Bryan loved the Bruan match/segment, but isn't so hot on Zyan vs Braun. Dave's ok with it, except for Zayn probably dying (That is, losing the match). Dave says if you want Bruan to get better, he has to work with good wrestlers. Bryan says if they want him to get better, he has to work a bunch of houseshows with Zayn, 12 mins a night. Not an one off TV match. Dave says he's been working with Sin Cara in house shows, about 5 mins a night so maybe they can do 10 mins a night on the houseshows. "It's too bad for Sami Zayn I guess", says Dave

- They don't get why Anderson lost in a minute. If this is the start of a programme, why beat the heel in a minute to start off? Dave:"Anderson and Gallows felt so dead, it felt like a fricken' burial". No idea on the story, maybe short on time.

- They don't like Swann taping out, but they've got plans for Cedric and TJP is the champ so Swann got the pin. Dave basically loves Swann. As soon as he sees the guy, Meltzer just likes him. "He's got so much natural charisma, can do it in the ring". Swann is the one who gets the most emotional investment. Dave did not say ****.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rich Swann is going to be the Bayley of that division in terms of booking, but it should be Cedric Alexander.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
GET HYPED!

World Of Sport Wrestling

ITV has commissioned a one-off wrestling special to air later this year.

Commissioned by Helen Warner for ITV and produced by ITV Studios Entertainment, World Of Sport Wrestling or WOS Wrestling will see some of the UK’s top names in the sport compete in a fun-filled afternoon of family sports entertainment.

The two hour special will see some of the UK’s finest pro wrestlers including, 'The East End Butcher' Sha Samuels, Dave Mastiff and 'Viper' Kimberly Benson, compete in front of a live audience across a series of fights; from singles to tag team and eliminations. Commentary will come from America's number one wrestling commentator, Jim Ross.

Backstage, viewers will catch up with the wrestlers between fights and at the end of the show one fighter will take home the WoS Wrestling belt.

Tom Mclennan, Creative Director, ITV Studios Entertainment said: "World of Sport Wrestling was a major event for millions of families every Saturday afternoon for over 20 years. I'm excited about bringing back this iconic brand and celebrating the best British wrestlers in the country."

WOS is an ITV Studios Entertainment production for ITV. The Executive Producers are Tom Mclennan and Simon Marsh.

Link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad