Weekly News Roundup (10/17 - 10/23)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Whenever new news is posted in this thread (as long as it isn't legitimate spoilers, which belong in the spoiler thread) I will update the OP. New thread will be up every Monday from here on out for the week.

This also doesn't just have to be WWE news. It can be anything in the world of wrestling. Spoilers for other promotions need [SPOIL] tags, WWE/NXT spoilers need to go in the spoiler thread.

10/17

- Paige proposed to Alberto Del Rio. He said yes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Add further to the Paige story.

ADR's exes lawyer says that they her and ADR are still legally married.

Paige's dad went on record to state his disapproval over this engagement.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I don't post very often, but do lurk everyday. These threads are awesome and save my phone from PW Insider's craptastic website. So thank you for doing them.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I don't see it happening at this time in his career, it already seems that he's starting to become more of a part time guy then the face of the company.

Plus nobody would buy it, and I doubt John's heart would be in it.

they should continue to shift him to a part time big event schedule and start looking at who they can hand his torch to.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Been hearing a lot of Rumors that John Cena may be turning heel. Is that true?

Stop reading Forbes lol.

Ryback on a program with Brock Lesnar
â€My idea was, and I went to Vince, I’ve been asking for Brock Lesnar for WrestleMania for the last three years. But I told Vince, ‘you have to build me up properly.’ And I go, ‘this pay-per-view, it will break all-time records if you build this match up properly.’ And I asked him, I go, ‘you need to let me go away for six months’ and I go, ‘I live in Las Vegas [Nevada]. MMA is hugely, insanely popular. It’s pretty much the breeding ground here in Las Vegas of MMA.’ I said, ‘let me go join a fight camp, full-time, for six months. We will make it look like I’m about to go out and do a real fight. I come back to WWE though, challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. Vince, just completely, it went over his head and I just remember sitting there dumbfounded. Like, ‘Jesus Christ! You can’t f–king be that out of touch.’ Maybe he didn’t want me to go away for ix months or whatnot. I don’t know.â€

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I don't see it happening at this time in his career, it already seems that he's starting to become more of a part time guy then the face of the company.

Plus nobody would buy it, and I doubt John's heart would be in it.

they should continue to shift him to a part time big event schedule and start looking at who they can hand his torch to.

They did an anniversary of thuganomics 4 years ago. People loved it when Cena did it.:laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I too want a six month paid vacation. Wonder what my boss would say...

He probably would've sold that better w/o making it sound like he would legitimately join a fight camp for six months. Make it look like he joined a fight camp and be off TV for six months? Yeah, you can probably sell on that since he's still doing house shows but not shoot the fight camp stuff legitimately.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh god, Sasha's going double knees off the jumbotron isn't she

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Ryback is delusional. Main eventing mania? The crowd would never get that into him. You can't just do six months of a fight camp and expect people to believe you are going to whip Brock Lesnar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Piggybacking off of that Charlotte thing, I don't think Vince will let them do anything insane. I'm pretty sure they'll keep it inside the cell. Maybe the cell breaks and they can do something off the broken partition onto the announce table.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Piggybacking off of that Charlotte thing, I don't think Vince will let them do anything insane. I'm pretty sure they'll keep it inside the cell. Maybe the cell breaks and they can do something off the broken partition onto the announce table.

Just going by other HIACs over the years.

The only crazy spots recently have come in Taker matches because he, Shane, and Brock get free passes.

I could see a half way up the cage spot happening, but nothing much crazier then that.

Everyone should bet they will be politicking for the craziest spots they can get away with. These women want to make a lasting impression.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Foley edited his IG post stating he doesn't know what match is Main Eventing HIAC, but that the "fans" will decide what the main event was after they see it and it doesn't matter what goes on last.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Foley edited his IG post stating he doesn't know what match is Main Eventing HIAC, but that the "fans" will decide what the main event was after they see it and it doesn't matter what goes on last.

so the Women arent going last

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The lasting impression should be that it's the first women's Cell match. Don't do silly crazy things, just have a great Cell match inside the cell.

No point blowing all the big spots on the first time, save them for later.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Roman Reigns didn't do anything crazy in his last year, I don't think. I think he did spear on to the steps. Anything else?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be nervous because I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I'm less concerned than I would be if this were a ladder match. Thankfully this is October and not December

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For Sasha/Charlotte, I would lean more along the lines of using the cage to show some color. That way it shows the dangers of the match w/o having the need to do any insane spots. Just do some spots throwing one another into the cage, have one of them get cut open a bit, go for a good 20 minutes, and finish where both are out on the mat with Sasha barely getting an arm on Charlotte to get the three from like a frog splash.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Will mark for the frog splash. Should be her finisher in big spots imo. You probably can't have Charlotte tap again

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've thought about that, and I think that was fine what they did with Sasha and Bayley. Who knows if you get the same reaction after Balor/Owens 2. People forget, that was really good, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad