Pre-Game Talk: Week to Vanish (WAS, @NSH, @DET)

Will Girard play in Detroit (his 10th game)

• Yes

Votes: 49 98.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd be just fine if 19 and 33 were the only ones up there. With the rest it'd be super weird seeing other players wear the numbers for now but too many numbers are always retired.
Foppa's beautiful eyes will burn a hole through you if you ever say anything like that again.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Foppa's beautiful eyes will burn a hole through you if you ever say anything like that again.
I'm cool with Forsberg there but then I'd like to be drawing a line. Foote and Hejduk are deserving of the retiring by the standards that are usually in place, but I think that probably shouldn't have to be the case.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wow Jost to SA. I'm guessing they're calling it conditioning but I'd love for him to spend a month or two down there.

Reactions: Avalanche

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wow Jost to SA. I'm guessing they're calling it conditioning but I'd love for him to spend a month or two down there.

Reactions: Avalanche

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Not that the AHL is the place where everyone gets things figured out but given Jost's recent injuries causing him to miss games, and because he didn't exactly kick butt at the NHL level yet when he did get the opportunity, I think it makes a lot of sense to go to the AHL, get some playing time in, and find his game and confidence before he comes back up at the NHL level.

I'm surprised I'm saying this but the Avs management seems to be making a few good decisions lately.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Jost to San Antonio is great news! Throw him right in Kamenev's spot and let him run!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting news day. I will only admit to being wrong about Jost if he plays more than three games with the Rampage because I did say the only way I see him in the AHL is for a conditioning stint.

Also, according to Dater, Barrie's injury isn't serious and he'll be on the road trip so that's good news.

Morning skate notebook: Tyson Jost sent down to San Antonio

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Plus I want him with the C on his chest representing Canada at the world juniors lol.

First thing I thought of as well. If Jost spends a while in the AHL perhaps the Avs become more keen on sending him to Buffalo for the WJC.

Timmins is starting to gain some steam regarding his chances to make that team, and Makar is as close to a lock as possible according McKenzie.

It would be a lot of fun to see 3 Avs players on that team this year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
First thing I thought of as well. If Jost spends a while in the AHL perhaps the Avs become more keen on sending him to Buffalo for the WJC.

Timmins is starting to gain some steam regarding his chances to make that team, and Makar is as close to a lock as possible according McKenzie.

It would be a lot of fun to see 3 Avs players on that team this year.
I don't think Timmins makes it, though he definitely is playing great hockey lately. I think the only chance the Avs have at having 3 players on team Canada is if Girard starts struggling and is either playing 3rd pairing minutes with the Avs or is sent back to the Q.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad