Pre-Game Talk: Week to Start Over (ARZ, ANH, @WPG)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I agree with Pierce 100%, besides the Anaheim game, Avs have a fairly winnable schedule that I think will decide their fates. At worst case, they should go 4-2 or 4-1-1 tonight and in the Western Canada trip. Enough is enough in losing to teams behind you in the standings. It's time to start focusing for real and have some mental swagger, screw the humbleness at the time being.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I have a feeling that Varly is fired up. We are going to see some vintage '13-'14 Varlagod, at least through the Western Canada swing. After that, who knows. But for the next 6 games, 7 goals allowed...fewer than just our TDL kids score. Balls on the table, my avatar is on the line. As chosen by whoever first posts the link for the recent video in which my team gets name dropped on a national broadcast.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I'll very interested to see how the Avs do against a white hot Ducks team. As we all know, the Avs have a tendency to play up or down to their quality of competition and it would be interesting to see how the matched up against these Ducks now that they are playing the way people expected them to play all season.

EDIT:Also tonight is apparently "Celtic Heritage Night" at the Can. How long has that been a thing?

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I have a feeling that Varly is fired up. We are going to see some vintage '13-'14 Varlagod, at least through the Western Canada swing. After that, who knows. But for the next 6 games, 7 goals allowed...fewer than just our TDL kids score. Balls on the table, my avatar is on the line. As chosen by whoever first posts the link for the recent video in which my team gets name dropped on a national broadcast.

I need to go through the entire Senators-Stars broadcast for the Johnny Oduya reference, don't I?

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
That's a real nice way to put it...after he and the DP tried to act like there was some sort of Goaltending Controversy.

You can still get that tone from him in his tweet. He says, "Varly in net tonight.... Thought that might happen after Picks' first loss" or something to that effect. I can't tell if he is pushing that story or if he really thinks Picks is the right man for the job.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Interesting lines according to chambers.

Mack with boedker and Comeau and soderberg with landy and Mathias.

Personally I think I would like to see

Grigs - soderberg - Duchene
Landy - Mack - boedker
Mathias - Comeau - iginla
McLeod - Mitchell - skille.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Ha... I said I liked the chemistry the Soderberg and the MacKinnon line seemed to have. And they mix it up.

I'm afraid to say anything at this point. I feel like Roy is George Costanza and I am his natural instincts and he has decided to do the opposite.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Wondering if Gelinas will play with Barrie or Bigras.
Roy changed those pairings against the Wild.

Gonna put #2-#4
#44-#3 in the GDT

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The 2 new line combos seem a bit odd.

Only thing I can think of, right now, with them I that he's wanting to try and "jumpstart" Soderberg back into some offensive production by putting him back with Landeskog. MacKinnon/Boedker seems like a nice, speedy, pairing and putting Comeau with them could work (in theory) if he's going to be more of a physical net presence.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hope things just click for Gelinas and Sakic/Roy come off looking like geniuses. This organization could use a grand slam home run.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
This upcoming stretch of games is where we absolutely have to string together some wins.

5 of the next 6 games are against teams that are out of playoffs with nothing much left to play for, depleted rosters, etc. etc. Arizona on Monday, a very tough game against Anaheim on Wednesday(But we are at home), then WPG, VAN, CGY, and EDM for the Western Canadian road swing.

No excuses for this team if they can't at least go 4-1-1 or something over the next 6 games. And really it should be a 5-0-1 stretch.

Agreed completely. This is a really sweet schedule stretch for Colorado, even though none of their opponents have back-to-backs in this stretch. They need 8 or 9 points in these 6 games, minimum. 4 wins. I don't see them winning 4 in a row on the road this late in the season - that's tough for any team. So, the first two games have to result in at least 3 points.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The 2 new line combos seem a bit odd.

Only thing I can think of, right now, with them I that he's wanting to try and "jumpstart" Soderberg back into some offensive production by putting him back with Landeskog. MacKinnon/Boedker seems like a nice, speedy, pairing and putting Comeau with them could work (in theory) if he's going to be more of a physical net presence.

Comeau also needs to give them the puck and go to the net. He can't be trying to control the play on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad