Pre-Game Talk: Week to Start Counting (LA, @DAL, @MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
99.99% sure it's maintenance day.

Nah he's pretty much an Islander at this point....

As for Grigorenko, his effort is no different than last year. He's a perimeter player. Every time he plays wing he's being put into a position to fail. I'd love to see him give more effort and work for pucks a little harder but that's not who he is. He does make players around him better though and is probably the smartest player and best passer on the team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Landy + Weirdo for De Haan + Barzal

Barrie for RNH

Bigras + for Trouba

So basically replacing Landy upfront with RNH, Barrie on D with Trouba and then trading Bigras and Weirdo for De Haan + Barzal. I'm OK with that!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

As for Grigorenko, his effort is no different than last year. He's a perimeter player. Every time he plays wing he's being put into a position to fail. I'd love to see him give more effort and work for pucks a little harder but that's not who he is. He does make players around him better though and is probably the smartest player and best passer on the team.

The problem is that Grigo isn't good enough to earn a permanent center spot either. He isn't better than Soda, MacK, or Duchene there. He might not even be better than Mitchell there. We haven't seen Rants there this year, but I'd bet Rants is better there too. If Grigo isn't going to add bite to his game (and at this point that is probably a safe guess), he isn't going to last in North America.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Whats the joke with him being an Islander? Seen a few of these.

That said i'd welcome a trade of Landeskog. The team needs a shake up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The problem is that Grigo isn't good enough to earn a permanent center spot either. He isn't better than Soda, MacK, or Duchene there. He might not even be better than Mitchell there. We haven't seen Rants there this year, but I'd bet Rants is better there too. If Grigo isn't going to add bite to his game (and at this point that is probably a safe guess), he isn't going to last in North America.

I think MAckinnon should be on the wing until at the very least he gets some confidence. He needs to focus on getting on the board and he needs his other responsibilities taken away. Would be smart to give him a simple role on the boards. especially since he's a monster there anyway.

That opens up another centre spot. I think it's crazy to suggest Grigo might not even be better than Mitchell at centre. I've been a Mitchell supporter for a long time but he hasn't been good this year. Grigorenko is a fair bit better. I think he's been better than Soderberg at centre this year too but I can see the argument either way.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So basically replacing Landy upfront with RNH, Barrie on D with Trouba and then trading Bigras and Weirdo for De Haan + Barzal. I'm OK with that!

It's just a joke because NY is so desperate right now lol. Bigras + for Trouba is probably the least likely. Keep in mind that plus could be our 1st round pick, or a guy like Compher. It's not quite that pretty lol.

Whats the joke with him being an Islander? Seen a few of these.

That said i'd welcome a trade of Landeskog. The team needs a shake up.

Speculation by National media, and that NY has been scouting us for a bit.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think MAckinnon should be on the wing until at the very least he gets some confidence. He needs to focus on getting on the board and he needs his other responsibilities taken away. Would be smart to give him a simple role on the boards. especially since he's a monster there anyway.

That opens up another centre spot. I think it's crazy to suggest Grigo might not even be better than Mitchell at centre. I've been a Mitchell supporter for a long time but he hasn't been good this year. Grigorenko is a fair bit better. I think he's been better than Soderberg at centre this year too but I can see the argument either way.

I'm not opposed to MacK at the wing, but he shouldn't be at the wing to give Grigo a center spot. I'd actually be okay with Rants at center and moving MacK to the wing for a tryout period.

I'm not saying Mitchell has been great this year, more saying Grigo has been that bad. IMO Grigo hasn't looked even passible in weeks. Mitchell has much more of a track record at center too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's odd to see the entire lineup changing once again after a pretty solid game from the team.

Please tell me Martinsen is only next to Duchene because Landeskog took a day off.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Don't think Landy is what the islanders were looking at.

What exactly do you think they are looking at? Duchene is just speculation by national media. No one has any idea how these two teams fit together as trading partners outside of goaltending, but offense is what the trade rumors are about.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Well, he hasn't been good this season, so I don't think you have to duck for cover.

I'm happy seeing Iginla on a true 4th line with Mitchell and McLeod. Just force him out of Denver by playing him there consistently. Now slowly take away his PP time

Grigorenko? He can (and should) do more offensively (still has his brilliant moments from time to time) but he has been very good defensively. He and Landeskog impress me defensively on a regular basis. Still disappointing because we all know how creative he can be in the o-zone but saying he hasn't been good is only half right imo.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Grigorenko? He can (and should) do more offensively (still has his brilliant moments from time to time) but he has been very good defensively. He and Landeskog impress me defensively on a regular basis. Still disappointing because we all know how creative he can be in the o-zone but saying he hasn't been good is only half right imo.

He fits right in with a team that is half good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope Landeskog isn't the one who is out with an injury now. We don't need new injuries. Duchene needing another day or two to get right is fine.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Should've never been sent down. Were they smart enough to use Greer as a regular call-up this time or are they still being cheap about it and using him as an emergency?

I wouldn't mind waiving McLeod (he probably won't get picked up and he clears cap room if he does) and playing G Bourque for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad