Pre-Game Talk: Week to Start Counting (LA, @DAL, @MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Practice at 11am today. Should find out more about Comeau and Duchene and if Greer has been sent back already. Not sure where we go from here but we'll surely find out.

***We need someone to make the GDT on Thursday vs Dallas*** I'm making the one for Tuesday, if someone would rather take that one that's fine and I'll switch.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wish I could say I'm not even going to bother watching, but I will. Even though it'll probably be the same old story.

Avs will go 1-2. The 2 games they lose they will fall behind early and the other team will lock it down from about 5 minutes into the first period. The game they win, the goalie will stand on his head to maintain a 1 goal lead.

Only thing that gives me hope is seeing Duchene, Greer, and Comeau in the lineup at the same time.

Rantanen-Duchene-MacKinnon
Landeskog-Soderberg-Greer
Bourque-Grigorenko-Comeau
Martinsen-Mitchell-Iginla

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Can anybody explain what happened to the lines in the last game? There were some changes but I really couldn't get a handle on who was where. The Mackinnon line stayed put and I believe the 2nd line did too but I noticed Iginla out with Mitchell a few times.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Can anybody explain what happened to the lines in the last game? There were some changes but I really couldn't get a handle on who was where. The Mackinnon line stayed put and I believe the 2nd line did too but I noticed Iginla out with Mitchell a few times.

I'm not sure. At one time it was like the worst 5 guys on the ice at once. If they only happened for one shift I'm not sure it really matters. Other than Z-EJ I can hardly keep the other two pairs straight either.

Only thing that gives me hope is seeing Duchene, Greer, and Comeau in the lineup at the same time.

Don't want to dash hopes but don't think that's going to happen.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm not sure. At one time it was like the worst 5 guys on the ice at once. If they only happened for one shift I'm not sure it really matters. Other than Z-EJ I can hardly keep the other two pairs straight either.

Don't want to dash hopes but don't think that's going to happen.

Was that the final minute with the goalie pulled?

:sarcasm:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
tumblr_m1yqhuL3IA1qdb9v0.jpg

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I think Bednar likes the composition of the top six and was trying to mix some of the bottom 6 up to find a combo he liked or that had some jump. The Avs basically have a top line, a third line, a third and a half line and a fourth line right now.

I will say that I have liked Rourque's game since getting moved with Soderberg though. Greer's puck skill and vision (which I did not know he had to that extent) was welcome there as well.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Going to the game in Minnesota on Saturday. Last time I did that was that disastrous Game 3 effort in the playoffs. All I can ask for is more than 18 shots on goal and at least one goal.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I voted for 3-4 goals because of Dallas. I don't expect the Avs to score many goals against LA and Minny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad