Pre-Game Talk: Week to Make it Rain (@MIN, FLA, NAS)

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
By the end of this week we'll know a lot about where this team is headed.

There is practice today so thought there could be some actual hockey news, like why Martinsen is back. Anyway, that's what it's here for.

I must have missed that, is Martinsen actually back up on the team or do you just believe he will be the extra forward to get called up?

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
He's back with the team, he was at the SS game ( didn't play but he took warmup)

Well that's unfortunate, but expected.

On a separate note, I think Matthias looked promising in his first game and pretty horrid at the SS game (both of the first two goals were with him near the puck and he seemed to lack effort). Hopefully he finds his stride with this team sooner than later and solidifies that line some more.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Unfortunately, Florida couldn't get the job done yesterday, putting even more pressure on tomorrow's game.

Here's to hoping the Wild don't dominate the Avs in the post-Yeo world.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Gotta hope that the team actually comes to play vs the Wild. I just want to see progress, like not getting absolutely dominated in Minny would be a start.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Ugh, the game is in Minnesota? I thought it was in Denver.

EDIT: Wonder if the assistant coaches will be running practice this morning.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
To me its a statement game. They are our rivals, we gotta show that we hate them, that we want payback for the 2014 playoffs, that we really want to make the playoffs this year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Boedker
Grigorenko-Duchene-Iginla
Matthias-Soderberg-Comeau
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille

Beauchemin-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Bigras-Gelinas

Please, for the love of god, show up tomorrow night.

I predict we'll lose tomorrow night badly, win against Florida but lose against Nashville via shutout due to Nashville's goaltenders having an epiphany and remembering how to goaltend.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
So apparently the Wild made the playoffs already according to some people. Good season guys better luck next year!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Boedker
Grigorenko-Duchene-Iginla
Matthias-Soderberg-Comeau
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille

Beauchemin-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Bigras-Gelinas

Please, for the love of god, show up tomorrow night.

I predict we'll lose tomorrow night badly, win against Florida but lose against Nashville via shutout due to Nashville's goaltenders having an epiphany and remembering how to goaltend.

That lineup actually looks pretty decent. We really needed Matthias and Boedker.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm gonna be optimistic and say we go 1-1-1. 3 of 6 points.

I'm guessing 2-1 4/6 points.

Wins vs Minny and Nashville. With a stinker against Florida.

I'm probably being too optimistic, but if we come out of this week with less than 3 points we will be out of the playoffs before we know it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Tomorrow night is gonna be such a huge game on so many levels.

Win, and we get a 4 point swing over the Wild, this late in the season that's huge. Not only that, but the Win would likely be a huge boost to the teams confidence the rest of the week as we play a good Florida team and the other team we're battling for playoffs in NSH.

If we win tomorrow, I think we go 3-0-0. If we lose, I think it's something like 1-2-0 or 0-2-1.

I think we pull off a good Road Win in Minny, and come home with 2 more huge Wins over FLA and NSH. And by this time next week we're 6 points up on the Wild, and just 2 back of NSH again.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Tomorrow night is gonna be such a huge game on so many levels.

Win, and we get a 4 point swing over the Wild, this late in the season that's huge. Not only that, but the Win would likely be a huge boost to the teams confidence the rest of the week as we play a good Florida team and the other team we're battling for playoffs in NSH.

If we win tomorrow, I think we go 3-0-0. If we lose, I think it's something like 1-2-0 or 0-2-1.

I think we pull off a good Road Win in Minny, and come home with 2 more huge Wins over FLA and NSH. And by this time next week we're 6 points up on the Wild, and just 2 back of NSH again.

I like your optimism. Let this be the point in the season we look back on fondly. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad