Pre-Game Talk: Week to keep rolling (@Stl, @Vgk, Ana)

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I dunno if I agree with that. JTC works best at RW, I actually don't like him at center. Jost definitely does NOT work as a winger.

Both of them are terrible at faceoffs.

Compher was at 49.2% last year, but this year he’s been balls.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
So?
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Donskoi
Burakovsky - Kadri - Compher
Wilson - Jost - Neito
Calvert- Bellemare - Nichushkin

I'm glad MacKinnon and Kadri will have new wingers to try but it sucks losing Mikko.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Here's how I'd do it:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Donskoi (I wanted this anyway before Rants got hurt)
Wilson - Kadri - Bura (Wilson's passing has been good, and the other two can be shooters and carry the puck)
Kamenev - Jost - Compher (Jost never takes a draw)
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto (don't break up this line)

Girard - EJ (they deserve to be the top pair)
Cole - Makar (A steady veteran partner for Cale)
Graves - Zadorov (Bottom pair, PK guys, both have some pucks skills)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Here's how I'd do it:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Donskoi (I wanted this anyway before Rants got hurt)
Wilson - Kadri - Bura (Wilson's passing has been good, and the other two can be shooters and carry the puck)
Kamenev - Jost - Compher (Jost never takes a draw)
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto (don't break up this line)

Girard - EJ (they deserve to be the top pair)
Cole - Makar (A steady veteran partner for Cale)
Graves - Zadorov (Bottom pair, PK guys, both have some pucks skills)

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ranger fan here but Avalanche are my team out West.

So it's Donskoi and not Burakovsky who will play with Mac and Landeskog?

If so...shit on me. I picked up Burakovsky in both my fantasy leagues anticipating it would be him to take Rants place.

Is this definite or just what you guys want?

Reactions: Pokecheque

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Ranger fan here but Avalanche are my team out West.

So it's Donskoi and not Burakovsky who will play with Mac and Landeskog?

If so...**** on me. I picked up Burakovsky in both my fantasy leagues anticipating it would be him to take Rants place.

Is this definite or just what you guys want?
It’s what was indicated by the lines in practice today.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It’s what was indicated by the lines in practice today.

OK cool...thx for input. I'll drop Burakovsky and pick up Donskoi in one of my leagues. I like Buravkovsky anyways this year so I'll keep him but I also have noticed Donskoi has played pretty well as well.

Thx again for info

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
OK cool...thx for input. I'll drop Burakovsky and pick up Donskoi in one of my leagues. I like Buravkovsky anyways this year so I'll keep him but I also have noticed Donskoi has played pretty well as well.

Thx again for info
No probs. They’ve both played well. I’d think Donskoi will be the more consistent of the two. Burakowski might put up better numbers in the end, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I would be fine with that lineup, but not sure I would rule out Jost for faceoffs. JTC has not been that much better this year, and the best way for Jost to get better is to practice against other teams. Maybe steer clear of DZ faceoffs, but give him strong side NZ and OZ draws. Not that other lines than MacK get OZ draws much (5v5, each of the top line has 50+ OZs, Kadri has 37, Bura 32, and the rest are <25).

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I would be fine with that lineup, but not sure I would rule out Jost for faceoffs. JTC has not been that much better this year, and the best way for Jost to get better is to practice against other teams. Maybe steer clear of DZ faceoffs, but give him strong side NZ and OZ draws. Not that other lines than MacK get OZ draws much (5v5, each of the top line has 50+ OZs, Kadri has 37, Bura 32, and the rest are <25).

Faceoffs are something Jost should be able to improve on in practise now that Bellemare and Kadri are on the team. Kamenev is also pretty good at draws IIRC so that's why I'd want him on that line (plus I want to see him get a few games)

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Kam was 50% on 118 draws last year before he got hurt. And I would like to see him get some games as well.

Concerning PEB, and DZ faceoffs in general, how much do folks think we should attribute the poor start on draws to the new rule that the attacking team picks the side. Are opposing centers choosing PEB's weakside so much it is hurting his numbers? For reference, he has started 58 of 107 shifts (of those that count...after stoppages) in the D zone. So 54.2%. He has lost 60% of his faceoffs.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
*looks at the schedule to make sure we don't have another three day break in a while

upload_2019-10-24_8-52-54.jpeg

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Compher absorbs punishment, and so does Rants. A good replacement.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
JTC has a decent shot in terms of quickness and power, but dude has got to work on his accuracy a little.

That said, he's the best available option, and he's not afraid to muck it up in front of the net. Very intrigued as to how this goes.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
In theory, I like Compher on the top line. He has wheels and knows how to get open. We'll see if it works in the real world tomorrow, but of all the available options I can see that working the best, especially since it keeps those second and fourth lines together.

I'll be most interested to see what Nuke does on the third line, especially after the dynamite game they had last Saturday. Can he actually keep that line a scoring threat? He has talent in spades but has never been able to apply it well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad