Pre-Game Talk: Week to Get Back (To Where You Once Belong) [@VAN; @CGY; @EDM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's too soon for another epic collapse. They usually go at least 3-4 games before they relax and fall into their bad habits again and blow it. Calgary and Vancouver have a lot of the same depth problems and the Flames have a worse goalie. As long as they can limit Gaudreau's line to just one goal the way they did against the Sedins, this should be in the bag.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm more inclined to agree with you, but lets be honest for a second. Why are the Avs in a playoff spot? Biggest reason why is due to the fall of the Minnesota **** Wild. I think we can all agree here that Wild are a better and deeper team than us. Of course they have some key pieces they're missing that we do, #1 goaler and #1 centre. I agree with the notation that Avs have looked better for parts of the game, first they haven't been heavily relied on Varlamov compared to the super season. Second they have improved the squads depth and actually have usable players in correct positions. Those are improvements, but for one step forward, this team's inability to close off games makes them fall two steps back. 99.9% of the people here said that Avs are a playoff bubble team, they are what we all thought they are. But they're in a playoff spot due to how poor Minnesota and Nashville have been than Avs playing this superb brand of hockey. For the record I said in the podcast that I think Avs would be in a playoff spot, but more in terms of certain teams falling than the Avs becoming great. I think we're seeing this right now as well. This whole NHL season has been really funny, the parity is still very strong, but this year has been very top heavy. Great teams putting like 20 points more than the rest of the pack, where the pack decides who wants to lose it more will miss out IMO.

SEPH, you've gotta watch that team when they aren't playing us. Ever since Barrie took a Cooke to the knee, we've been their Dallas. They're not really the team we see when they play the avs. The team they really are is every bit as terrible at beating crap teams as the avs; and just as proficient at pissing away points. They're no better than we are, certainly not since our TDL additions.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Rantanen back is good. But this could be bad news for Mackinnon.

Really hoping not but cant see it being any other way.

BEST case scenario is that they held MacKinnon more out of precautionary measures, but that with Duchene still expected to miss at least the next 2 games (And maybe more), they don't want to go 11F & 7D again.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sakic must be pissed that he held Rantenen down all this time to slide his ELC and injuries ****ed that up. In hindsight he could have been up for a month now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If they can get Duchene back in 3 games then I'd be ok with it being just that. They waited this long, it's too bad it had to come to this to get Mikko up here. It had to happen though, he's been way too good for too long to leave down there. If Duchene gets back I'd even be ok with him just practicing with the team for a little while.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't want Dutchy/Mack out long but I hope they're forced to play Rantanen four games so we can be done with this ****.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
landeskog - Grigorenko - Rantanen
Comeau - Mitchell - iginla
Matthias - Soderberg- Martinsen
McLeod - - Skille

?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I think they may be giving Rants at C a try.

Matthias-Soderberg-Landeskog
Grigorenko-Rantanen-Boedker
Comeau-Mitchell-Iginla
McLeod-Skille-Martinsen (Some weird mixture)

I think our best case scenario is that MacK and Dutch end up being okay and Mikko really earns his spot.

Having:

Comeau-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Grigorenko-Duchene-Iginla
Matthias-Soderberg-Landeskog
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille/Angry that he's been sitting Martinsen

would give me much hope for the playoffs

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm so happy for Mikko, but on the other hand it's sad that it's happening because of injuries instead of rewarding his good game.

At some point I'd like to see Landeskog and Rantanen play together, I'd like to see a heavy line chasing pucks like crazy forcing turnovers, and to see what kind of puck possession could they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad