Pre-Game Talk: Week on the road: @Wsh, @Pit, @Fla, @TB

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
PSA: Vegas currently has the Avs the favorite @ Pittsburgh tomorrow. When was the last time Vegas has had us a favorite IN Pittsburgh?

Times, they have a changed. :cheers:

It may feel good, but this is the kiss of death... It was a fun run boys.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
PSA: Vegas currently has the Avs the favorite @ Pittsburgh tomorrow. When was the last time Vegas has had us a favorite IN Pittsburgh?

Times, they have a changed. :cheers:

Well, you have a very good team and the Avs is the only team with an unblemished record. So times have changed!

But the odds might look different still if the Pens were not without Malkin, Galcheniyuk, Rust, Bjugstad and now apparently McCann too :). Its pretty much our middle 6 and equates to app. 24 million on the cap.

Looking forward to it anyway, a stern test for Sid's line going up your stellar 1st and also for the newbies we have up coping with... I suppose... the fastest team in the league.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This might not be the right place, but I'd like to apologize for Sunday night. I made several dumb hot takes and went on a tangent basically. I had way too much to drink that night! No, I do not believe Hall is worth only 7.5 AAV. I'm actually sane, and realize that I was being dumb dumb drunkie.

I'll only forgive you if you join me in shitting on Jost in the GDT against Pitt. It seems to be working as Jost has had a much better last few games after being switched to 3C.

Reactions: crue7

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
This might not be the right place, but I'd like to apologize for Sunday night. I made several dumb hot takes and went on a tangent basically. I had way too much to drink that night! No, I do not believe Hall is worth only 7.5 AAV. I'm actually sane, and realize that I was being dumb dumb drunkie.

Dude, you already apologized (not that it was really needed).

Last edited:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

I'll never forgive you.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He's clearly fed up of being on awful teams and wants to win. He'll sign at 7.5 for 3 years in a much more effective version of the Kariya/Selanne year. He'll play with Tyson Jost who'll suddenly become the 50 point centre everyone on here seems to think he is and we can then trade him and rob someone blind. Everybody wins. Including us, with 4 cups in 4 years.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017

I think this might be the first instance in recorded history of a sports fan apologising for a hot take.

Reactions: MarkT

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, you have a very good team and the Avs is the only team with an unblemished record. So times have changedels

But the odds might look different still if the Pens were not without Malkin, Galcheniyuk, Rust, Bjugstad and now apparently McCann too :). Its pretty much our middle 6 and equates to app. 24 million on the cap.

Looking forward to it anyway, a stern test for Sid's line going up your stellar 1st and also for the newbies we have up coping with... I suppose... the fastest team in the league.
We have to lose at some point. I'm expecting them to get killed by Zach Aston-Reese, who else. :D

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Towards what exactly? Because your statement is vague and substantively meaningless.

I did keep it vague (but not meaningless) because I think it can mean almost anything - I think that having the whole team practicing unicycling so that Rants ups his balance would be more effective in keeping the puck than faceoff practice. More seriously, I think that working the defensive zone systems so to maximize puck retrievals would go a much longer way in establishing possession. I know that you didn't imply that the Avs weren't good enough in that area but I really don't see an issue with the FOs.

Reactions: flyfysher

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I did keep it vague (but not meaningless) because I think it can mean almost anything - I think that having the whole team practicing unicycling so that Rants ups his balance would be more effective in keeping the puck than faceoff practice. More seriously, I think that working the defensive zone systems so to maximize puck retrievals would go a much longer way in establishing possession. I know that you didn't imply that the Avs weren't good enough in that area but I really don't see an issue with the FOs.

Delete

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Oh well, on to FLA. Hopefully this isn't the game where Bob figures out how to goalie. Gimme some of that .870 sv% tomorrow plz.

Wonder if Frank will get a start against the Panthers and Gru gets TBL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad