Pre-Game Talk: Week of Wed Weengs, Winnypeg, and Wegas (the Boston game never happened)

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I'm sure many of you are too young to get this reference, but...

Oh, what a feeling! Toyota!

Guilty…
giphy.gif

As for this thread title:
giphy.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So Avs are rolling, coming in healthy, with Kuemper in net, and have dominated in 2nd half of B2B games this year, while Vegas is kind of struggling, possibly missing Patches, Stone, Lehner, and Martinez...

Everyone thinks the Avs will win easily...

I think we know how that usually turns out.

4-2 Vegas

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm sure many of you are too young to get this reference, but...

Oh, what a feeling! Toyota!

See, I always remembered it as “Who could ask for anything more? Toyota!”

I don’t know why that’s labeled as a 90s commercial. I’m old enough that I should remember the “Oh what a feeling” slogan, but I just remember the latter.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Some quick maths for everyone on a Saturday afternoon.

After 52 games the Avs sit at 80 points. Let go through some scenarios for the last 30 games comparing the Avs to the Blues, our closest competition in the Division. The Blues have 31 game remaining and sit at 68 points. I'm not going to account for OT losses or tie breakers because I'm not interested in doing that much math.

If the Avs go 15-15 they will finish with 110 points. For the Blues to tie they would finish the season 21-10. Not unheard of, but thats a pretty good stretch of hockey for any team.

If the Avs go 20-10 they will finish with 120 points. The Blues would need to finish 26-5 to tie.

The Avs magic number to clinch the division, as of right now, is 26. Meaning any combination of Blues losses and Avs wins that add up to 26 and the Avs finish first in the central. The math is roughly the same for the Wild, and also the same for Calgary for #1 seed in the west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad