Pre-Game Talk: Week of Waiting (BOS, @ANH, @LA)

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
I'd like to see Iggy on a line with Mack and Landy because those two are by far the most dominant, impressive forwards we have and they can compensate for Iggy's shortcomings. They will win the puck battles, and open up space for him to be a finisher. Plus Landy and Iggy are so similar they seem to understand each other. IMO

I'd like to see Rantanen tried with Dutchy because they both have speed and ability and I want to see Rantanen paired with some talent.

Also, when are we gonna see Everberg? He's awesome.

Landy-Mack-Iggy
Tanguay-Dutchy-Rantanen
Comeau-Soderberg-Everberg
4th

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Going with the goalie who gives you the best chance to win. I like it.

I don't. Varly has had 3 bad games after 2 great seasons. You have to go with him. He is better, it shows loyalty, it shows confidence.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't. Varly has had 3 bad games after 2 great seasons. You have to go with him. He is better, it shows loyalty, it shows confidence.

And Berra is so inconsistent that he'll probably get lit if the offense doesn't happen to struggle as much as the Ducks' did.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

I agree, but is Roy trying to get the best out of Varly by giving him some competition with playing Berra this often? After all goalies love to play and Varly might have taken his playtime for granted, not any more...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was mostly joking. I don't care who starts. Normally I'd want Varly starting but Berra looked great yesterday so if Roy wants to go with him, that's fine.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cox says there was a delay in Barrie's hearing for some reason so a decision is expected tomorrow.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Unless Berra all the sudden became an elite goaltender overnight Varly's job is safe. Just let the team get some defensive confidence in front of him while playing the hot hand. I have absolute faith that the Varly from those first three games is not the Varly we'll be seeing in a November.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Varly will be back the game after Berra loses I imagine. Or if Berra lets in 4 or 5 in a W.

Imagine Berra actually stole the starting job though. That 2nd would look pretty nice.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Getting Everberg back up here will be good but I'd like to see Grigorenko get a few games first. If he looks like he belongs, Everberg might have to wait a bit longer.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
^

Exactly. Don't see room for Everberg, unfortunately. Skille playing really well, McLeod being "a must", Mitchell on fire, Rantanen needing the playing time, Grigorenko fitting in and being a big piece from the O'Trade, Soderberg being paid as much as he is, and Comeau playing pretty well. Between all these players, there's no room.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Do they want word on how bad Despres' injury is or what?

I'm fairly certain Russo has a friend in DPS (he's really good about getting info on whether or not players will be looked at before anyone else...I also believe that's why McLeod got fined last year)...hopefully they're not asking him

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Berra starting is absolutely the right call but then again I think Berra is a fine backup goalie and I am the devil on here for having those thoughts so what do I know?

Also i'm surprised EJ didn't get a phone call. Perry was fine but that hit was brutal. Deserves suspension imo.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I think Berra starting is absolutely the right call but then again I think Berra is a fine backup goalie and I am the devil on here for having those thoughts so what do I know?

Also i'm surprised EJ didn't get a phone call. Perry was fine but that hit was brutal. Deserves suspension imo.
The league seems to care little about boarding that doesn't lead to an injury (see mcdavid), not sure if new or it's always been like that...EJ getting a penalty even if a minor helps that too (granted cookes knee also only got a minor)

Barrie probably wouldn't be if despres were healthy

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I'm not bothered by Berra starting at all. Go with the hot hand. It's not like I want him to start the rest of the week. Now if he keeps getting shutouts...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
:laugh:

3 Games for Barrie? For that hit? It was bad, yes, it deserved a suspension, yes, but not 3 games...he's had NO prior history...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad