Pre-Game Talk: Week of Waiting and Healing (vs. WSH, @SEA, @EDM)

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
You know how when we're holding onto a sketchy lead late in the third it becomes "butthole clenching time" or something like that? I used that expression yesterday and the person I was talking to had no idea what I meant. At first I thought "wow, how has Erin not heard this conmon expression." But then I tried googling it and mostly I just got back sex stuff, medical problems, and butt exercises.

Which then made me think, how much of my personality is now just things I read on this Subforum?

The closest I could get was

buttock-clenching​

adj
informal
making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment: buttock-clenching embarrassment.
Which is only sort of how I would use it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Will they burn a year of Meyers ELC no matter how few games he plays? I bet there is a deal in place for that to happen.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't want to bump our trade thread but the Montreal fans on the main board are f***ing weird. If only HF wasn't the way it is I'd love to tell them that Lehkonen might have untapped offensive potential because the Avalanche's current top six are better than any forwards they've had for the past fifteen years.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't want to bump our trade thread but the Montreal fans on the main board are f***ing weird. If only HF wasn't the way it is I'd love to tell them that Lehkonen might have untapped offensive potential because the Avalanche's current top six are better than any forwards they've had for the past fifteen years.
DOnt forget alot of Hab fans once proclaimed Mete>>Makar

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

The fans on the main board are f***ing weird period.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wonder which two guys sit. I'm assuming it'll be O'Connor and Meyers.

I would guess LOC and Helm. Helm's been ok but it's also not a terrible idea to rest him and give Meyers an extended look.

Side note, based on that game puck clip last game, is there anyone on the team that has a lower body fat percentage than LOC? Holy shit that guy is chizeled. No wonder he's got such great wheels.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Hate to admit it, but for fantasy sports and season standing reasons I will be cheering for the McDavid scores 10 goals tonight.. hope the Avs score 12!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's looking more and more like Florida will come out of east. Tampa doesn't look that good, don't think they're gonna make another run. Canes and Pens lost their starting goalie to injuries. Leafs might just be the Leafs again in the playoffs.

Then there is Boston and Washington, not sure this teams are capable of deep run. The one team that might actually make a good run are the Rangers, but right now the edge goes to Florida pretty clearly. This is why Avs need that home ice and the president's trophy. That is of course if Avs make a deep run and go to finals.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad