Pre-Game Talk: Week of trying to stay on top (@STL, @CHI, CAR, CHI)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Honestly I thought Lindholm played a solid couple of games for us.

Couple of minor mistakes but overall I thought he was good for a depth AHL call up guy.
He did exactly what he’s supposed to do, just at a slightly better caliber than I expected. I expect the real Lindholm to come out but hopefully he’s back in the A before that happens. I’ve really appreciated what he’s done in these two games though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Agreed. Didn’t mind him.

Cole and Girard though...

View attachment 295367

Cole was good against Chicago. And quite frankly he was solid against Carolina as well up until the last 5 minutes of the game.

But ya those last 5 minutes were really, really bad.

Not sure what is going on with Girard. Personally I dont think he been anywhere near as bad as what people on here are saying... For example I thought overall he was our 2ns best Defender last night. But I also recognize that his play is certainly below what he is capable of over rh last couple weeks.

Makar and EJ being out really messed with the Defense. It forces a lot of guys to play an extra 2-3 minutes a night to make up for the lost minutes that Cale and EJ were playing.

Having them both back should help. So long as G and EJ aren't a pairing again :laugh:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Not sure what is going on with Girard. Personally I dont think he been anywhere near as bad as what people on here are saying... For example I thought overall he was our 2ns best Defender last night. But I also recognize that his play is certainly below what he is capable of over rh last couple weeks.

If Girard continues to play like he has, then the Avs won't make it far in the POs assuming they get there in the first place. Girard's play has noticeably declined since the beginning of the season. That's frustrating when you know Girard can play better.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
G needs a reset mentally. He was unreal the first couple weeks of the season and then the wheels fell off. Not sure why. Is he burnt out already? Seems strange.

I wouldn't mind sitting him a game just to see if you can get him to reset mentally. Problem is we aren't exactly chalk full of capable dmen right now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
At least we get to beat up on Chicago again.
That’s honestly so true. What a treat the schedule has been in that way. We play the Blues who we can’t beat. They ruin some morale but then we get to crush to Hawks to get the mojo going. Then we play the Canes, lose again but get to stomp the Hawks again tomorrow night.

Reactions: dahrougem2

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That’s honestly so true. What a treat the schedule has been in that way. We play the Blues who we can’t beat. They ruin some morale but then we get to crush to Hawks to get the mojo going. Then we play the Canes, lose again but get to stomp the Hawks again tomorrow night.

Just in general I think our schedule for the the rest of the year isn’t too bad. We have a f***ing gauntlet to start the year and the rest isn't too bad really.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I'm not ready to go this far, but that's just because the fear of playing down is still there. They are going in the right direction tho. I've just got way too much in my head from the past. Even some early this season lol.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

The hockey gods might read this post and punish us harshly tomorrow.

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
We are doing the Hawks a favor hitting them while they are down. They get to draft better players and can make a comeback as a contender in a couple of years. St. Louis might be on a decline and the Avs might be in cap hell by then, or maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad