Pre-Game Talk: Week of trying to stay on top (@STL, @CHI, CAR, CHI)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Big week here. See if we can finally beat the Blues, another big divisional game in Chicago and an east coast matchup with the Canes. Also some uncertainty on the injury front right now.

Injury Report:

Johnson - Back

Makar - Day to day UBI, Suffered setback, no timeline currently

Donskoi and Kadri - All good

Wilson - Surgery, out indefinitely

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
DADEC8ED-768B-4EE1-B4DF-8C50742681ED.png

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just play a full 60 minutes for a change. Win or win I dont care just dont get outplayed like the last 3 games.

I do actually wonder if the theory about the middle of the roster being distracted by the Hall stuff is somewhat true. But I think the only guys on the roster who should be worried are Jost and his band of fringe players. I don't really think JT or Bura have anything to worry about.

I also think we are going to be sloppy with that defense being asked to play up even more than they already were.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I do actually wonder if the theory about the middle of the roster being distracted by the Hall stuff is somewhat true. But I think the only guys on the roster who should be worried are Jost and his band of fringe players. I don't really think JT or Bura have anything to worry about.

I also think we are going to be sloppy with that defense being asked to play up even more than they already were.

Thats why I dont think that the distraction theory carries any weight. Jost is the only guy who should be worried and you cant tell anyways if hes distracted by it or not based on play because he played the way he normally does lol. Kadri was trash last night I dont think hes concerned about getting traded.

Agreed. That defense looks really bad without Makar.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Thats why I dont think that the distraction theory carries any weight. Jost is the only guy who should be worried and you cant tell anyways if hes distracted by it or not based on play because he played the way he normally does lol. Kadri was trash last night I dont think hes concerned about getting traded.

Agreed. That defense looks really bad without Makar.

Yeah, but you know how players are. Plus it's always more difficult to see the big picture when you are that close to a situation.

I could see some of the defense, and both Compher and Bura being worried about it. Kadri obviously not lol.

I also have a bit of a theory that playing Bednar's system causes fatigue. Which causes mistakes. I think they get tired, let off the gas, make mistakes, and then things click again when its been long enough. We seem to go up and down in 5ish game stretches.

I very rarely feel like it's a lack of effort. Not a lot of guys on this team coast much, but you can see it from a mile away when guys like Girard are suddenly being caught from behind, or beat in 50/50 races.

Last year they had to gut it out, and barely made the dance. This year we are still winning games on talent differences alone. Which was what the NJ game was IMO.

I don't really think the skating team going through stretches where fatigue brings more mistakes is a wild theory though lol.

Anyone else remember all of those games even in down years where we looked like the better team against really good teams and still lost? I sure as hell do lol.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Another big week. That STL matchup has the potential to be wild. They play us so well. A W against them would be absolutely huge.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I’d rather hold out Makar if he’s not feeling 100%. I agree that the STL game is huge, for various reasons, but no way am I rushing Cale Makar back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The way they have been playing and winning in the last 3 games, Avs are due for a reset. I expect them to lose a handful of games.

Same thing happened to Boston.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
I get what ir stands for but what does it mean? That we can carry extra players or?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad