Pre-Game Talk: Week of trying to stay on top (@STL, @CHI, CAR, CHI)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The blues still have good players. Players that are proud and want to do well. I really don't want our team to take them lightly. That is a recipe for extending a losing streak.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Still blows me away that MacKinnon said that about Makar. Think about that. Someone with MacKinnon's speed, skill and shot and whose peers are elite. And he's blown away by Makar. Wow!
That's typical of MacKinnon to hype up his teammates, though. Rantanen is the best powerforward in the league according to him (and he might be right) for example.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
That's typical of MacKinnon to hype up his teammates, though. Rantanen is the best powerforward in the league according to him (and he might be right) for example.
Rantanen is the farthest thing from a power forward in the league. He is an elite perimeter player. His shot is lethal and he has an uncanny ability to make cross ice passes to MacK.

Power forward....hell no.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Rantanen is the farthest thing from a power forward in the league. He is an elite perimeter player. His shot is lethal and he has an uncanny ability to make cross ice passes to MacK.

Depends on how you see a power forward these days. I think all these roles are changing in modern hockey and a player like Rantanen (before the injury) pretty much is how I see power forwards in today's game.
Doesn't really matter anyway. All I wanted is to give another example of MacKinnon praising his teammates. This "best power forward in the game" was said by him after a game last season or two seasons ago. So argue with MacKinnon, not with me. ;)

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

I don’t think Rantanen is a perimeter player. For example he did come from the back of the net last game to take a very dangerous backhand in a move the was very slow but all power and impressive. He protects the pull well. He’s not a brusing power forward but he’s a power forward to me.

Reactions: klozge

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Good heavens you are so out to lunch on this one :laugh:

I suppose all those times he powers his way into the slot area for a backhand or finds the occasional deflection he’s “perimeter.” Gimme a break. It just so happens he’s also got an elite shot and playmaking ability.

Just because he doesn’t play like Cam Neely doesn’t mean he’s “the farthest thing from a power forward.”

Reactions: AvsFan29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad