Pre-Game Talk: Week Of The Terrifying Giant Bunny (and some other importance) | vs PHI ; vs MIN

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A few days off until we play the Flyers Thursday. Then it's onto the most important game of the season Saturday afternoon against the Wild.

Then we wake up Sunday morning knowing that some point throughout the night a horrifying gigantic rabbit was in our house laying chocolate. How do kids actually like this guy?

Let's go Avs

Let's go Easter Bunny

Suck it Wild

easter-bunny.jpg

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Anyone else blown away by the fact that a trip to western Canada didn't end our playoff hopes? We took care of business against everyone but the Jets... who we completely threw the game away to. We'd be on a six game win streak if it wasn't for that game.

The rest of our schedule is brutal... but we are well and truly in this.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I honestly believe these next two games are the two toughest games left on the schedule. Philly are fighting (and fighting hard) for a playoff spot and the Minnesota situation is obvious. After that every game we play is against teams who are safe and will likely be systemed to play safe heading into the playoffs.

I hope we ****ing kill the Wild on Saturday.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
With Dutchy and MacK being re-evaluated today, I wonder if we hear anything today or we have to wait until tomorrow's practice for any news. I am hoping they are able to get back to healthy with our time off this week and at least be ready for the Minny game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Towards the start of the year when we sucked Beauchemin said that we would turn it around and play good hockey. He specifically said we would win 7 in a row at some point.....

We're waiting.

Beauch is just getting old n senile, like Bubba!, so he forgot to mention that the 7 game winning streak was going to be a playoff thing.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Neuvirth our 3 weeks for the Flyers so we Mason instead. I haven't kept too close of tabs on Philly but it sort of looks like they were platooning pretty hard between Mason and Neuvirth - had Neuvirth taken hold of the #1 spot recently of was it mostly a 1A/1B situation?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Kinda hoping for a Zadorov call-up now that Bodnarchuk only played a tiny amount last night. I'm assuming he'll just do rotating chairs with Redmond or Gelinas but none of those guys are gonna workout let's be honest.

Too bad about only having 2 callups, I'd love to get another look at Hishon and was wondering how a line with Hishon in the middle and Rantanen replacing Martinsen woudl look. Hishon might even be more NHL ready than Rantanen based on last night's evidence but probably won't happen.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Neuvirth our 3 weeks for the Flyers so we Mason instead. I haven't kept too close of tabs on Philly but it sort of looks like they were platooning pretty hard between Mason and Neuvirth - had Neuvirth taken hold of the #1 spot recently of was it mostly a 1A/1B situation?

Neuvirth has been the better of the two and is their de facto #1.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hishon isn't even a good AHL player, let alone an NHL player. Plus, he managed to get himself hurt again.

All of the injuries have just taken away the courage and bravado he used to play with. He'll still flash the hands that got him called 'magician hishon'; but that player is gone. *sigh*

I'd like to see him go to one of the powerhouse KHL teams if he can't make the breakthrough with some other organization. See if maybe his confidence & creativity can't be rebuilt with more ice to operate in. Would be happy to see the same for Elliott as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You've got to think that either Redmond draws in or Zadorov gets recalled for the Flyers game, no?

Playing 5 minutes against the worst team in the Western Conference should, in theory, mean that player is likely coming out of the lineup next game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Kinda hoping for a Zadorov call-up now that Bodnarchuk only played a tiny amount last night. I'm assuming he'll just do rotating chairs with Redmond or Gelinas but none of those guys are gonna workout let's be honest.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Gelinas won't be in the lineup.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You've got to think that either Redmond draws in or Zadorov gets recalled for the Flyers game, no?

Playing 5 minutes against the worst team in the Western Conference should, in theory, mean that player is likely coming out of the lineup next game.

Given what we saw from Roy after that Jets goal, I would be REALLY surprised if Redmond drew back in at any point. I could be wrong, but given that Redmond hasn't looked that great at any point this season in his time, and then making the error he made (fair for him or not), I just don't believe Roy sees anything positive with playing him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Given what we saw from Roy after that Jets goal, I would be REALLY surprised if Redmond drew back in at any point. I could be wrong, but given that Redmond hasn't looked that great at any point this season in his time, and then making the error he made (fair for him or not), I just don't believe Roy sees anything positive with playing him.

Which may be true, but he seems even less inclined to play Bodnarchuk. The guy just sits on the bench for the final 30 minutes of every game it seems.

I'd still like to see Roy call up Zadorov and roll with:

Bigras-EJ
Zadorov-Beauchemin
Holden-Barrie

With Barrie getting out there alongside either EJ or Beauchemin. Make those three the clear big three minute eaters but the other three would be playing at least 12-17 minutes per night, which is a lot better than Bodnarchuk's useless 5 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad