Pre-Game Talk: Week of the struggle bus (Dal, SJ, STL)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Sit Mac against the Wings (we shoukd be able to beat them without him) so he doesn't have to go the that All Star BS. Give him a full week off so he's as fresh as it gets to lead us to the promised land.
He should play against the Wings but I wish he didn't go to all stars. Just rest for the 10 or 11 days.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I suppose. He's young enough

I mean, it ain't like he's gonna even break a sweat at the All-Star Game. He'll do some media events, sign some jerseys, and coast around on the ice for a few minutes at a time. He's a seasoned pro at this point, it's pretty much a vacation. I think it's way more important for a younger guy who was looking a little overworked (at least until recently) in Makar to get away from the rink for a little bit and recharge.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean, it ain't like he's gonna even break a sweat at the All-Star Game. He'll do some media events, sign some jerseys, and coast around on the ice for a few minutes at a time. He's a seasoned pro at this point, it's pretty much a vacation. I think it's way more important for a younger guy who was looking a little overworked (at least until recently) in Makar to get away from the rink for a little bit and recharge.
Yeah, Makar not going is good because he also had that injury

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Makar is 21 yo, he missed 8 of the 48 games and he averaged 20 min per. I'm not buying the narrative that he needs rest.

He should have went to the ASG.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Makar is 21 yo, he missed 8 of the 48 games and he averaged 20 min per. I'm not buying the narrative that he needs rest.

He should have went to the ASG.

It's not about physical rest. Dude just hit the 40 game mark. He played a maximum of 50 games last year, counting both college and pros. He's never played more than 67 games in a season dating back to his AJHL seasons. I'm fine with him taking a week off and getting away from hockey for a little bit before the stretch run begins. His participation in a glorified exhibition contest would've been nice, but it's really not that important.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sounds like Kamenev got in a car accident over the weekend, supposedly his car hit black ice and breaks are dead at that point. Colorado is a snow country, but a lot of the times it melts the next couple of days after a snowstorm. We're still in the dead of winter, but after the last snowstorm the snow took like forever to melt (still a ton of it around).

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Sounds like Kamenev got in a car accident over the weekend, supposedly his car hit black ice and breaks are dead at that point. Colorado is a snow country, but a lot of the times it melts the next couple of days after a snowstorm. We're still in the dead of winter, but after the last snowstorm the snow took like forever to melt (still a ton of it around).

Hope he is ok. He was starting to find a little bit of confidence. Thankfully Jost is starting too as well.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
That's no struggle bus.....

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Great week. Avs are gonna run away with the West. They're only 6 points behind the Blues and have one of the easiest SoS's after the break.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Great week. Avs are gonna run away with the West. They're only 6 points behind the Blues and have one of the easiest SoS's after the break.
Playoffs odds from reference website indicate that it’s far from a slam dunk that the Avs finish 1st in the conference.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Playoffs odds from reference website indicate that it’s far from a slam dunk that the Avs finish 1st in the conference.
Well, we’re 6 points back from the blues. We’re likely playing Dallas, unless they fall apart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad