Pre-Game Talk: Week of the struggle bus (Dal, SJ, STL)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I understand that G is playing well but I don't get why Makar has been demoted from PP1.

I think, as others have pointed out to me, that the Avs are acknowledging that he's been a little overworked. Also, Girard is technically the "hot hand."

Also, they're balancing out their two power play units a little more. They started out the year with a stacked first unit and a red-headed stepchild of a second unit, and the first unit simply wasn't getting it done.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think, as others have pointed out to me, that the Avs are acknowledging that he's been a little overworked. Also, Girard is technically the "hot hand."

Also, they're balancing out their two power play units a little more. They started out the year with a stacked first unit and a red-headed stepchild of a second unit, and the first unit simply wasn't getting it done.
2nd unit has Jost, Nuke and Kamenev on it. Something something lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Why do people complain about this? If the Avs played every second night like everybody seems to demand their season would be over in early March while every other team finishes up in April.

The Avs aren’t alone. Every team has breaks. The NHL aren’t maliciously giving the Avalanche a weekend off.
Avs schedule always seem to be quirky that’s all. I would prefer 2 day breaks at most. 3 days is a long time. Also if they didn’t suck each time they have a break I wouln’t complain at all.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Plz, Makar and Rantanen on 1st unit

Rants has been hot garbage for well over a month now. Apart from a couple goals he's been nonexistent on the power play. I don't mind this change.

They'll move Makar back up there soon enough. And even though he's been "demoted" he's seen plenty of time with MacKinnon on the power play.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
L
L
Game postponed due to Pepsi Center being swallowed by a big hole. To be played at future date when new arena is built.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Bednar really keeping 9296 together and have Barbie playing with Kadri?! Just lost for words then lol. L W(50/50) L

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00