Pre-Game Talk: Week of Return of the MacK (@TOR, @MTL, @OTT)

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Figure we should keep things consistent going forward with new threads for each week. Last few posts below:

I'll be in section 109 tomorrow night.

Haven't decided on which jersey yet, thinking a classic Roy or Forsberg.

A shame you don't own a Kadri Avs jersey.

How about an Avs Kerfoot jersey just to confuse everyone?

And of course this video.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Couple other interesting posts from the last thread.
Looks like Dom is predicting a resurgent MacK. 83 points in his final 62 games.

3tQG4XH.jpeg

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
L W W

But lets hope the leafs have the same results the Avs have on their first home game back from a long successful road trip.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
W W W

Absolutely pumped for tomorrow's game. The Leafs have been the best defensive team in the league for the last month...averaging just 1.4GA per game. The Avs have scored 43 goals in the last 8 games.

I'm a Toronto native and my buddies have been talking about the Leafs nonstop. I hope we blow the doors off them.

Mack 4 points in his return. Makar 3. Rantanen 3. Kadri 2.

Let's go!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Leafs may be due for a letdown game, and I saw that we have an 8-1-1 record in our last 10 in Toronto. I think with MacKinnon back in and hungry that's going to be one we have a good chance to win even though the Leafs are red hot right now. If we can win that one, this should be a week we can use to really start climbing the standings if the Jets and Blues keep standing still.

Reactions: Reparlana

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We'll see on the Leafs. They're cookin' but good offensively, Kuemper had better bring more than he's brought the last couple starts.

Conversely, Campbell has been one of the hottest goalies in the league this year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I’d like to go to the Leafs game but I don’t have enough disposable cash right now. Think one team will come out hard and put up 2-3 right away

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
W W W

Absolutely pumped for tomorrow's game. The Leafs have been the best defensive team in the league for the last month...averaging just 1.4GA per game. The Avs have scored 43 goals in the last 8 games.

I'm a Toronto native and my buddies have been talking about the Leafs nonstop. I hope we blow the doors off them.

Mack 4 points in his return. Makar 3. Rantanen 3. Kadri 2.

Let's go!
Helps when they're getting .946 goaltending from Campbell. That (likely) won't last.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
L W OTL

Not expecting much from Mackinnon in these 3 games. I think he explodes when they get back home.

I would say all W's but I just dont trust Kuemper skate blades lol.
Toronto is playing excellent defensive hockey, and their goalie is playing out of his mind. If we forecheck relentlessly, we can break them. They aren't used to being down by 3 these days, and a few quick goals is likely all we need.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Toronto is playing excellent defensive hockey, and their goalie is playing out of his mind. If we forecheck relentlessly, we can break them. They aren't used to being down by 3 these days, and a few quick goals is likely all we need.
If the Avs were playing Toronto at home tmmrw I would pick the Avs easy. Avs havent been so great on the road. Hopefully that changes on this trip.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
W L W

*Girard gets a Gordie Howe Hat Trick in The first game (Marner)
** we get blown out at Bell Center because it’s an Avs thing to do.
***We steam roll Ottawa so hard Dorian tries to get Duchene back.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Campbell > Kuemper and both teams are hot so I give the Leafs the edge tomorrow.

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
I have a feeling tomorrow will be a weird messy game where there's real action for 5 minutes total in the entire game.

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
Really excited to see how we play against a skilled Toronto team tommorow. Last away game was verse Dallas, need to be better away from ball. Hopefully we can keep a winning streak going. Excited to see Loc on the third Line with MacKinnon back.

W, W, W

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Avs usually play well in Toronto but like ass in Montreal. Ottawa has been terrible this year, but damn near beat the Avs in Denver

That said, Toronto is playing out of their minds, and Kuemper hasn't been good. Plus, you add a big piece in Mack back, and it alters everything from the top line to the 3rd and 4th lines, and the PP with Cale, Mikko, and Naz now deferring to him. I think they get smoked tomorrow night like 6-2.

Habs have been poop all year, but like I said, Avs always seem to play like crap there (like they always do on Long Island too), so it won't come easy. I'll say they pull one out there in OT or a SO, like 5-4.

Ottawa they smash 7-3.

2-1-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad