Pre-Game Talk: Week of Recovery? (FLA, @CHI, OTT)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Three straight wins. The Dogg set the f***ing tone in Edmonton, Makar joined and the Avs are about to spend the 2nd half of the season being a much better 5v5 team now that MacKinnon/Rantanen on separate lines
Just watched the game now. How the Oilers got outclassed to THIS Avs time at THIS time is remarkable lol. This is the team that swept you half a year ago. You couldnt muster up better than that at home with Kurtis Macdermid on defense out against Mcdavid for a few shifts? WTF? Leon and Connor did nothing 5 on 5. I havent seen them that silent since Tippett was coach. The only guy doing anything that game was Hyman (hard to hate this guy).

Splitting Mack and Rants was a the smart move and I hope Jared sticks to it until they get bodies back. Mikko looked better on Saturday and hit the crossbar on that 3 on 1. I dodnt look through the GDT but thats the right move for Mikko there lol I aint passing to Girard or EJ on that hell no although Girard did have a good game on Saturday and maybe his best of the season defensively.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Just watched the game now. How the Oilers got outclassed to THIS Avs time at THIS time is remarkable lol. This is the team that swept you half a year ago. You couldnt muster up better than that at home with Kurtis Macdermid on defense out against Mcdavid for a few shifts? WTF? Leon and Connor did nothing 5 on 5. I havent seen them that silent since Tippett was coach. The only guy doing anything that game was Hyman (hard to hate this guy).

Splitting Mack and Rants was a the smart move and I hope Jared sticks to it until they get bodies back. Mikko looked better on Saturday and hit the crossbar on that 3 on 1. I dodnt look through the GDT but thats the right move for Mikko there lol I aint passing to Girard or EJ on that hell no although Girard did have a good game on Saturday and maybe his best of the season defensively.
You should review the GDT, there is some important urethral information in there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
About f***ing time they split them up. Who would’ve thought that the strategy that won them the cup would still be effective.
To be fair to Bednar, he needed some form of a healthy "top six" to do it. At various points this season we haven't had all of MacKinnon/Rantanen/Lehkonen/Compher/Rodrigues/Newhook in the lineup, especially recently.

Rodrigues returning was the perfect time to do it, and it worked brilliantly. Rodrigues and MacKinnon have immediate chemistry it seems, and Lehkonen looks good with anyone.

Just need Mikko to develop chemistry with Compher and whoever is the LW on that line. I wonder if Malgin joins that line if/when he gets healthy because Newhook ain't cutting it.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
I had an internet outage the last 40 min or so of last game, so I just went to bed. Imagine my surprise looking at the score in the morning, I missed an epic comeback win!

Reactions: sethro109

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Really hope that we kick on off of our third period comeback on Saturday. We could use a winning streak to counterbalance the 5-game losing streak.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don"t understand why Englund came out for MacDermid in the first place. Englund stinks but he is a better defender than MacDermid in every way possible.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don"t understand why Englund came out for MacDermid in the first place. Englund stinks but he is a better defender than MacDermid in every way possible.
He's reminiscent of Zadorov to me in that he plays a hard-nosed, physical game, but can make the softest, weakest defensive plays at the worst possible time. His mishandling of Marner in the Leafs game was just horrid. I know Bednar has staunchly maintained that he does not like to "send messages" but I think he was trying to send a message to Englund.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's reminiscent of Zadorov to me in that he plays a hard-nosed, physical game, but can make the softest, weakest defensive plays at the worst possible time. His mishandling of Marner in the Leafs game was just horrid. I know Bednar has staunchly maintained that he does not like to "send messages" but I think he was trying to send a message to Englund.
For me that Marner play was a case of one of the best offensive, creative players in hockey going one on one against an AHL defensemen and it showed. I wouldn't have punished him for that.

Reactions: McMetal

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For me that Marner play was a case of one of the best offensive, creative players in hockey going one on one against an AHL defensemen and it showed. I wouldn't have punished him for that.

Full credit to Marner, he's an elite talent and clearly outclassed Englund. But I still didn't like how Englund played that. If you're gonna make contact, MAKE CONTACT. Or back off and trying and angle him off, let him earn it if he tries to beat you wide.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wait...Lundell is on the wing now?

Also, if the Avs don't absolutely victimize a friggin' Staal/Montour pairing then forget it.

It's too bad Naz ain't around to repeat his diss on Montour back when the latter was still in Buffalo.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad