Pre-Game Talk: Week of Reckoning (VAN, CGY, MIN, NSH)

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
How have we played in daytime games this year? I remember being completely awful a few seasons back on Sunday day games. Like didn't win one all season long.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I really hope Kamenev plays tomorrow in a limited role. Better than putting Yak in vs Nashville probably.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs twitter feed had some hilarious clips from the optional skate today.

Crazy what a years difference has made for this team. Last year at this point the optional skates had nobody at them except the scratches and the guys coming back from injury.

Today you had what looked like almost the entire roster, goofing around, laughing, etc. etc.

They're enjoying themselves this year and that's the thing that matters most about this season.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Kamenev would be awesome, but I don't want him rushed back at all.

I'd like to see him get some games (10 or so) in the NHL this season in preparation for camp in September.

If Kamenev has been cleared, why couch it as he "may" be assigned for a conditioning stint in SA? It seems like you either know the decision you are making at that point or not. I understand that some procedural hurdles may be involved with him going to SA, but the statement as reported seems noncommittal. I am not sure why there should be any lack of decisiveness. You are either sending him down or you are not, rather than taking a wait and see approach.

Here is Bednar's statement as reported by Sadowski: "We may think about sending him (to San Antonio) at some point on a conditioning stint and get him in a couple games before we bring him back up," Bednar said. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick...ier-Kamenev-close-Wilson-concussion/188/91446

Maybe waiting for a better idea of Colin Wilson's status, at least in the short term? It could also be as simple as Bednar not having an opportunity to discuss the matter with Sakic yet.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Barrie is back to second in defender PPG. First is Klingberg, who not only is great offensively but has started to round out his defensive game. What's with Dallas and those fifth round picks?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Did not realize the Preds have won 7 straight.

Tough task coming tomorrow afternoon. Even at home, the Preds are a good road team and this will be a challenge.

Hope the boys get as amped up for the game as they did against the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad