Pre-Game Talk: Week of Reckoning (VAN, CGY, MIN, NSH)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I like it better than a Warsovsky-Siemens pairing. Only thing that I'm cautious about is that outlet pass.
Edit: Beat to it :/

Not sure why you would say that. I really don't recall many goals against being the direct fault of Warsofsky. Last night it was Siemens who screwed up on that 2nd Calgary goal (he even said so).

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Not sure why you would say that. I really don't recall many goals against being the direct fault of Warsofsky. Last night it was Siemens who screwed up on that 2nd Calgary goal (he even said so).
I remember Bednar mentioning something in the pc that the cgy player called for that pass from dunk, yeah it was a bad pass, but thats a play that can be cleaned up, and a mistake he will be conscious of moving forward. I saw countless times Warsofsky making bad plays behind the net or get dominated physically along the walls. Even though they might not of directly cost a goal, why would you wait around till they do? I don't see the point of keeping an offensive minded smallish Dman who wasn't contributing to offensive chances 5v5 or on the pp. Also I'd take Dunk or Lindholm on the pk over him. Lindholm can without question handle the physical aspect of the game down low much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Warsofsky is a pint sized offensive defenseman who provides neither offense nor defense. I'd take Alt or Lindholm over him any day of the week, he sucks.

Reactions: Avs71 and S3rkie

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I remember Bednar mentioning something in the pc that the cgy player called for that pass from dunk, yeah it was a bad pass, but thats a play that can be cleaned up, and a mistake he will be concious o. I saw countless times Warsofsky making bad plays behind the net or get dominated physically along the walls. Even though they might not of directly cost a goal, why would you wait around till the do? I don't see the point of keeping an offensive minded smallish Dman who wasn't contributing to offensive chances 5v5 or on the pp. Also I'd take Dunk or Lindholm on the pk over him.

Actually Duncan's been getting a lot of PK time. Tied with Nemeth for the most in the Edmonton game, then was second behind Nemeth for the Calgary loss, and Vancouver win. Then was third behind Nemeth and Z in the last Calgary win.

The PK suits his strengths because he's a big body that has decent instincts, and a long reach, and he doesn't have to skate or handle the puck too much.

Reactions: McMetal and S3rkie

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Actually Duncan's been getting a lot of PK time. Tied with Nemeth for the most in the Edmonton game, then was second behind Nemeth for the Calgary loss, and Vancouver win. Then was third behind Nemeth and Z in the last Calgary win.

The PK suits his strengths because he's a big body that has decent instincts, and a long reach, and he doesn't have to skate or handle the puck too much.
Yeah, I've really liked his games since the call up, I was even impressed how he didn't implode after a rough go in the beginning of last game. I think he's really earned the opportunity to stay up with the team the rest of the season, hopefully he can force a spot on the bottom pairing to keep getting more games under his belt. I wonder if getting a lot of practice time with the nhl team will polish his puck skills a tad to the point of serviceable.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well....we will see. I don't want to turn Warsofsky into The Hill I Will Die On, because I agree he's better off in the AHL. Just not confident at all that a Siemens/Lindholm pairing will work.

Maybe they'll try something and put Lindholm with either Girard or Barrie, those pairings have seen some success. Then again, given how Bednar likes to rotate D-pairings we may see all kinds of combinations.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Well....we will see. I don't want to turn Warsofsky into The Hill I Will Die On, because I agree he's better off in the AHL. Just not confident at all that a Siemens/Lindholm pairing will work.

Maybe they'll try something and put Lindholm with either Girard or Barrie, those pairings have seen some success. Then again, given how Bednar likes to rotate D-pairings we may see all kinds of combinations.
Yeah Im sure thats how it will go. As much as I've disliked the Bednar blender on D at times, at least it prepared them for the inevitable EJ injury this year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, I've really liked his games since the call up, I was even impressed how he didn't implode after a rough go in the beginning of last game. I think he's really earned the opportunity to stay up with the team the rest of the season, hopefully he can force a spot on the bottom pairing to keep getting more games under his belt. I wonder if getting a lot of practice time with the nhl team will polish his puck skills a tad to the point of serviceable.

He may be able to improve his puck skills a tad through lots of hard work in practice, but at his age, he’s likely close to maxed out in his ability in that area.

His best bet is to continue to stay within his capabilities, and find ways where he can limit the amount of time he actually spends with the puck. Move the puck with quick short passes, don’t stray too far from his position around the net, don’t run around too much, don’t overthink plays with the puck, jump into the O zone with plans of keeping it simple, and getting back to the point ASAP.

So far he’s done a pretty decent job at all of that the last four games. This hasn’t been the case on prior call ups. He found himself in situations where his weaknesses got exposed a bit too much.

Reactions: S3rkie

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
How's everyone's predictions going so far? Hehehehe. Have faith guys. Team still rocks, even without EJ. P/O's, here we come :thumbu:
And everyone said it was impossible. Love it !

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah Im sure thats how it will go. As much as I've disliked the Bednar blender on D at times, at least it prepared them for the inevitable EJ injury this year.

I don't like it either but it also keeps opponents guessing, making it harder for them to target certain guys. Not a bad thing I guess.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
How's everyone's predictions going so far? Hehehehe. Have faith guys. Team still rocks, even without EJ. P/O's, here we come :thumbu:
And everyone said it was impossible. Love it !
Don’t forget to tap fellow optimists on the back now - though no one is as optimistic as you on this board. Glad to see we’re all enjoying being a competitive team late in the season

Reactions: Sea Eagles

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He probably wont get anything more, but Ryan Johansen got a 5 and a game for spearing the hell out of a dudes crotch last night. It'd be sweet if he got a one gamer seeing we play them tomorrow.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Its great to be playing meaningful hockey this late in the season again. What a feeling!

Reactions: cgf

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
What a test tomorrow will be. Not sure if we come out ready to roll, or if we will be a Sunday afternoon stroll for the Peds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad