Pre-Game Talk: Week of Reckoning (VAN, CGY, MIN, NSH)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Finally a week at home, their payment for that is to play four games. Oh and that deadline thing. Also, this is like their really for real last shot at making up ground.

Mironov has been sent back to the Rampage. There might be a couple paper moves tomorrow, this isn't one, he really did join the team. I hope that means Barb is ok. If not I don't want to know what move is next.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
W-L-L-L

Deadline action will be a bunch of AHL swaps and maybe a waiver claim like Oduya or Postma (lol)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
McNab said about 10 times during the Flames game that three teams are coming off back to backs.

2-1-1 is probably a good week.

10 points for MacKinnon.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Today the Blues lost (6th in a row), the Wild are losing in the third, the Ducks are losing in the third.

The Avs decided to to suck right when the league's trying to help them get into the playoffs.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Guessing we go 3-1 just to give us slight hope then we get crushed again after that.

Guessing a couple of minor league deals and maybe a Comeau trade for a pick.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Rakell is awesome, quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. He's going to hit 30 goals this season.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
We should win the first three. I'm hoping we at least look like the better team in 1 of the games.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
If you don't like Nemeth you will not like Oduya since he is also a stay at home defenseman.

Oduya is a better skater and perhaps little bit better offensively but I would rank Nemeth higher these days as a stay at home defenseman.

Oduya's best days are over. The only good thing would be forum fans going mad over Oduya instead of Nemeth. ;-) Just kidding, it would be stupid getting Oduya.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If you don't like Nemeth you will not like Oduya since he is also a stay at home defenseman.

Oduya is a better skater and perhaps little bit better offensively but I would rank Nemeth higher these days as a stay at home defenseman.

Oduya's best days are over.
Nemeth's problem is that he keeps trying to be more than just a stay-at-home player with all of his pinches. I'd like him more if he played like Siemens, at least Dunc knows he sucks at that and doesn't try to do anything more.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I would be stoked to get Oduya. But that should be no surprise to anyone here. I do not think they should give up any kind of future asset for him. Maybe Warsofsky?

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I would be stoked to get Oduya. But that should be no surprise to anyone here. I do not think they should give up any kind of future asset for him. Maybe Warsofsky?

Are you kidding me, a 36 year old Oduya past his prime, 10 years ago, yes, but not now. We already have a stay at home defenseman better than Oduya.

I used to like Oduya (a lot) too but I do believe his best days are over, he is doing too many mistakes these days. Oduya together with Hjalmarsson was a really good shut down defensive pairing at their prime.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
If getting Oduya means Warsofsky or Nemeth gets pushed down the lineup I'm for it.

Huge mistake, Oduya is not a better stay at home d-man than Nemeth these days but I leave this up to you guys to judge. Oduya is currently better than Warsofsky though but I highly doubt the Avs would do a stupid move like that. I would have loved Oduya 10 years ago though.

Nemeth is first on the team in +- with 19, at second place we have Landeskog at 5, he is third among d-men in TOI, fifth on the team.

He is NHL top three in blocked shots/game (average/game).

The Avalanche is currently 9th in entire NHL in pk killing and even the Nemeth haters here would admit Nemeth is getting lots of pk time.

Last edited:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I put Oduya in ahead of Warsofsky, but not Nemeth. And probably not Seimens after the last couple games. But he would allow us to move one of the other D without having to rely on Warsofsky or Mironov for significant minutes.

Reactions: 21

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Me waiting for the Mark Alt Era to begin...

VastShamefulIndigowingedparrot-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->