Pre-Game Talk: Week of No Naz-sense and the Return of Byram: @Angry Pens, @Peg, @Oil

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Interested to hear your take on how combing your hair makes you cleaner.
5db.jpg
It certainly creates the illusion that you care about your hygiene. There’s certainly a link there.

Anyway, I’m not arguing about it anymore. DNVR is what it is. A few guys who drink at a bar and talk about hockey.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
When G is back I predict that it will be JJ sitting
JJ is currently playing the 3rd most minutes on D, wouldn't make a lot of sense to sit him. That said I'm not sure Bednar has the courage to healthy scratch EJ.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
JJ is currently playing the 3rd most minutes on D, wouldn't make a lot of sense to sit him. That said I'm not sure Bednar has the courage to healthy scratch EJ.
Yea I saw the post about JJ having the 3rd most minutes. I just think Bednar will want Byram playing, and it seems like Byram and EJ are a good fit, at least at first. No way I can see G being sat, so he will come back in next to a bigger D which would be Manson. I just don't see JJ making the cut as it stands. Despite him currently getting a good look in.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Dare I say J.T. Compher has been a much better hockey player since the trade deadline passed?

Now a lot of that probably has to do with playing alongside Nichushkin/Lehkonen most of the time, but it's still something positive.

Please dude, just keep your head above water and we'll be ok.
He's not better, he's getting carried offensively

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That’s where a nagging injury suddenly pops up. Or they’ll go 7D. It’s not going to be JJ right now that’s for sure.

Byram wasn’t chained to EJ, he had several shifts with both Manson and Makar.

The best thing that’s happened to Compher is Lehkonen showing up, he might single handedly resurrect Compher’s usefulness.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Compher had a strong finish last year too. This is right out of the JT Compher play book: stink for months, and then play well enough at the end of the season that we say to ourselves "hey, maybe he's not so bad after all!".

Spoiler alert: he is.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I remember when we had a condensed schedule with endless games. Tuesday then Saturday and Sunday, what is this?
It's Friday and Saturday.

Avs had a shitty schedule this week. One game in 5 days: 2 days off, @Pittsburgh and 2 days off again. :thumbd:

Bad for the fans but good for nursing an injury I guess.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's Friday and Saturday.

Avs had a shitty schedule this week. One game in 5 days: 2 days off, @Pittsburgh and 2 days off again. :thumbd:

Bad for the fans but good for nursing an injury I guess.
Managed to mix up schedules and timezones there, well done

Still seems stupid to have one game, then wait a few days before a back to back. Or maybe I'm just antsy because the end of this season is meaningless and I want the playoffs to start.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The Avs PK is now up to 17th in the league. That’s a pretty big climb from being absolutely awful the first couple months of the season.

It’s starting to look like both special teams units could be a real asset in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad