Pre-Game Talk: Week of New York

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Who is the last Western Conference team to have a 3-game NYC area trip and win all 3 games in regulation?

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Who is the last Western Conference team to have a 3-game NYC area trip and win all 3 games in regulation?
Was it the AVS?

I’m not going to look it up. It doesn’t matter because it’ll be the AVS by the end of this week.

It was fun putting the Rangers in their place last year. I expect the same this week.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It’s astonishing how the Avs can’t even provide basic information competently. They just tweet out Megna, delete it and then don’t post the correct transaction the rest of the day. AHL transactions is ALWAYS the source. Nobody is getting info that doesn’t originate from there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This team so far reminds me of the 2019 team. An overworked top line with a 2nd line (and most everything else) by committee. Scary good offensively, scary bad defensively, barely hanging on for victories in the closing minutes. Unfortunately, the Nemeth role is now being played by...EJ.

All things considered (key injuries, Stanley Cup hangover, etc.) this start isn't so bad. And they've had far worse starts, including last season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Maltsev was definitely called up. He was at a restaurant in New York with Nichushkin tonight according to Val's instagram.

Which is interesting. We're 6 games into the season and so far we've already had Maltsev, Megna, Kaut, Blidh, and Meyers up/down with the Eagles. Seems like the Avs are giving lots of guys opportunities to show something at the NHL level and see if they cant raise themselves above the pack and perhaps earn a permanent spot the further we get into the season.

My hope is Foudy and/or Bowers get a chance in the coming weeks especially if they continue to play well in the AHL. Though in Foudy's case it might be better off to let him continue playing top tier hockey with the Eagles and see if they cant snuff out some higher offensive upside for him. I believed when he was drafted he had middle 6 upside and I think he's starting to show signs of progress in that camp with the Eagles dating back to the last 20 games or so from last year as well.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Maltsev was definitely called up. He was at a restaurant in New York with Nichushkin tonight according to Val's instagram.

Which is interesting. We're 6 games into the season and so far we've already had Maltsev, Megna, Kaut, Blidh, and Meyers up/down with the Eagles. Seems like the Avs are giving lots of guys opportunities to show something at the NHL level and see if they cant raise themselves above the pack and perhaps earn a permanent spot the further we get into the season.

My hope is Foudy and/or Bowers get a chance in the coming weeks especially if they continue to play well in the AHL. Though in Foudy's case it might be better off to let him continue playing top tier hockey with the Eagles and see if they cant snuff out some higher offensive upside for him. I believed when he was drafted he had middle 6 upside and I think he's starting to show signs of progress in that camp with the Eagles dating back to the last 20 games or so from last year as well.
I saw Nuke and Panarin at a restaurant. They were discussing who is going to beat who at SC finals.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
I thought Meyers played decent enough to still be on the team. Looked a little lost sometimes, but was ok.

No clue why we keep seeing Megna. He's not ever going to make an impact. Maltsev last year looked decent in the bottom 6. Would hit everything. I'd like to see him on the Avs again.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I thought Meyers played decent enough to still be on the team. Looked a little lost sometimes, but was ok.

No clue why we keep seeing Megna. He's not ever going to make an impact. Maltsev last year looked decent in the bottom 6. Would hit everything. I'd like to see him on the Avs again.
Megna has proven in the past he's a perfectly decent 4C playing limited minutes. His possession metrics are usually acceptable and he's fast enough and defensively responsible to hold his own in a short-term role. Yes, his metrics have been abominable in 3 games so far this season but that's an insanely small sample size.

Ya ain't looking for "impact" from your 4th line center.

Megna is a better placeholder for Helm than Meyers. The Avs clearly want him to be more than just a grinder, having him play 5-7 minutes a night with garbage linemates wasn't helping anyone.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Avs always struggle in New Jersey for some reason so thats an auto L. Hope Georgiev can win in New York.

Avs go 1-1-1
It's the depressing organ they keep playing at that rink. Worst gametime music in the league. When you score there it's like a funeral, who wants that?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad