Pre-Game Talk: Week of middling teams

tornadowarning33

Feb 15, 2018
Problem is, Landy is out. Rod is out. Lehky is out. That leaves one of LOC, Cogs, Nieto, Galchenyk, Eller, or Newhook. None are good choices.
Yeah, this feels more like choosing a lesser-but-still-necessary evil. Jost was more overly-trusted due to his pedigree, promises made to him, etc.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Gonna be in Phoenix for the game. $209 CAD for standing room only tickets… wtf?!? But we had to do it to support the boys

When did AZ tickets become hard to come by? Lol

I skipped the Detroit game because I couldn't find seats for less than like 200 usd. I only sit in certain sections though. f***ers packed that arena like damn airplane seats, but worse anywhere outside of the lower bowel or the first row of upper levels.

Reactions: MaKarter

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I skipped the Detroit game because I couldn't find seats for less than like 200 usd. I only sit in certain sections though. f***ers packed that arena like damn airplane seats, but worse anywhere outside of the lower bowel or the first row of upper levels.

Tickets for Anaheim and San Jose are fairly reasonable, but by the time I factor in gas and food its gonna cost me like 300-400. I'd rather sit at home and not drive 3 hours.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tickets for Anaheim and San Jose are fairly reasonable, but by the time I factor in gas and food its gonna cost me like 300-400. I'd rather sit at home and not drive 3 hours.

Oh eww, I can see it being worth it on occasion though. That is basically what I'd have to do to watch them in Columbus. I've thought about it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. This is the first year I haven't went to LCA, or been in Tampa, but it's 25 minutes away.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

It’s this damn college stadium. Probably could have got front row seats last year with these prices

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Pittsburgh are banged up but they are going to play desperate tonight. Wish we had Makar. Bet it’s a good game.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

“A couple guys on the team like Gabe (Landeskog), they asked if I’d like to try a longer stick,” the 5-foot-10 Girard said.

Around December, he decided to give it a shot. Not wanting to mess with his ability to handle the puck, he started by adding only an inch or so to the shaft. Week after week, he added slightly more length. By the start of January, when he reached his stick’s current length, he had added about six inches. He found it gave him better whip as he shot and made quick passes. The extra wood also helped him increase his reach defensively.

“I’m pretty happy with it,” the defenseman said.

“He uses a mini stick as it is,” teammate Cale Makar joked. “Any inches he can get longer, it’s probably better.”

Since the start of January, Girard has 24 points and a plus-2 rating in 34 games, and he’s averaging nearly 22 minutes of ice time a game. He’s already matched his career high in goals this season with five. And, with 31 points, he should pass his previous high of 34, set in 2019-20. His 0.49 points-per-game pace is still behind the career year he had in 2020-21, when he put up 32 points in 48 games. But in his 34 games since the calendar flipped to 2023, he’s averaging 0.7 points per game, which is better than his 2020-21 rate.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The game tonight is against a desparate team. It might be a good time to have McDermaid log some minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad