GDT: Week of healing (Edm, Chi, @Chi)

How many goals will Nuke score this week?

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd rather have Donskoi on the 3rd line.

I'd not mind trying Calvert with Kadri and Compher on the 2nd line...the ultimate pest line. Man they'd be a pain to play against.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'd rather have Donskoi on the 3rd line.

I'd not mind trying Calvert with Kadri and Compher on the 2nd line...the ultimate pest line. Man they'd be a pain to play against.
I disagree. I know most wants our top line back together but I much prefer to have one of these:

Landy-Mack-Bura
Donskoi-Kadri-Mikko
Calvert-Jost-Compher

or

Donskoi-Mack-Mikko
Landy-Kadri-Bura
Calvert-Jost-Compher

I prefer the first one because Landy can take faceoffs for Mack but both are more balanced than:

Landy-Mack-Mikko
Calvert-Kadri-Compher
Donskoi-Jost-Bura

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I disagree. I know most wants our top line back together but I much prefer to have one of these:

Landy-Mack-Bura
Donskoi-Kadri-Mikko
Calvert-Jost-Compher

or

Donskoi-Mack-Mikko
Landy-Kadri-Bura
Calvert-Jost-Compher

I prefer the first one because Landy can take faceoffs for Mack but both are more balanced than:

Landy-Mack-Mikko
Calvert-Kadri-Compher
Donskoi-Jost-Bura

Our "real" lines are:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Donskoi - Kadri - Bura
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto

I'm OK to go back to that when everyone is healthy if that ever happens again. Lines #1 and #4 are proven, you don't touch that. You can shuffle the middle 6 if need be.

The Kadri-JTC-Calvert would be just a fun experiment. Not long term stuff.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Our "real" lines are:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Donskoi - Kadri - Bura
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto

I'm OK to go back to that when everyone is healthy if that ever happens again. Lines #1 and #4 are proven, you don't touch that. You can shuffle the middle 6 if need be.

The Kadri-JTC-Calvert would be just a fun experiment. Not long term stuff.
If/when everyone is healthy, I'd actually prefer Nuke to Wilson.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Oy, these lines

O'Connor was great last night but when he's the best option to be bumped up to the 3rd line...

eOPc65x.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Landy-Mack-Bura
Donskoi-Kadri-Mikko
Calvert-Jost-Compher

or

Donskoi-Mack-Mikko
Landy-Kadri-Bura
Calvert-Jost-Compher

Landy-Mack-Mikko
Calvert-Kadri-Compher
Donskoi-Jost-Bura

I wouldn’t mind trying Landeskog and Kadri on the same line. I think those guys could really set a physical tone in the playoffs.

And I know balance is important, but I feel like Rantanen is just too good to be playing on a second line.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I wouldn’t mind trying Landeskog and Kadri on the same line. I think those guys could really set a physical tone in the playoffs.

And I know balance is important, but I feel like Rantanen is just too good to be playing on a second line.
It would be more of a 1A and 1B kind of top-6. Not too many teams have the depth to defend against a balanced top-6 like those. It would also take pressure off our usual top 3 guys.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It would be more of a 1A and 1B kind of top-6. Not too many teams have the depth to defend against a balanced top-6 like those. It would also take pressure off our usual top 3 guys.

I’m not totally opposed to it. I flip-flop on this stuff all the time. Honestly, it’s just nice to finally have these kinds of discussions again, knowing our big guns are getting closer to returning.

I like Mikko with Nate because it’s a truly dominant top line and they can play a lot when necessary. MacKinnon doesn’t have many off nights, but it’s nice that when he does, Mikko can pick him up.

And, I agree with Balthazar. Throw MacK a bone, after all the guys he’s played with recently, and give him the big moose.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Calvert - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landy - Kadri - Burakovsky
Compher - Jost - Donskoi
Nieto - Bellemare - Nichushkin

That's what I would like to see when healthy.

Then hopefully we upgrade Jost to Pageau and maybe upgrade Calvert on the Top line but I dunno if that's needed. I think Mack and Mikko can turn him into a very serviceable grinder Top 6 forward type like Hyman in Toronto or Kassian in Edmonton.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
As long as the Avs have Nathan Mackinnon, they won't have a 1A 1B situation. Any line Mack is on is the number 1 line. Dude is absolutely our best player bar none.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It's certainly nice this year to have all these possible line combinations. None are really wrong by the way IMO. That's what makes it great. We have seen chemistry from any of these combinations at some point or another during the season so far. Personally I would keep the big line for when we are behind by one or two goals going into the third period and we need a push offensively.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad