Pre-Game Talk: Week of Fireworks and a 3.8% Shooting Percentage (@ARI) (LAK) (TOR)

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

I hope y'all asked Santa for a new ribcage for MacK and a new foot for Nuke. Let's end the year on a high note.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs don't have the worst shooting percentage in December, it's AHLers unable to score in the NHL which isn't surprising

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs are 6-1-0 in their last 7 games and have beaten some bad teams in the process. They've been taking care of business where they need to.

Arizona is a team that is easily beatable even though they play hard and have a fairly decent goaltender. Let's hope the Avs come out and handle business tonight. Just have to continue surviving until the bodies (hopefully) return.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Avs are 6-1-0 in their last 7 games and have beaten some bad teams in the process. They've been taking care of business where they need to.

Arizona is a team that is easily beatable even though they play hard and have a fairly decent goaltender. Let's hope the Avs come out and handle business tonight. Just have to continue surviving until the bodies (hopefully) return.
I feel like this is a trap game. Avs have had to grind out some wins but for some reason I feel like this Arizona team always gives them trouble, even last year some of those games felt like a grind.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I feel like this is a trap game. Avs have had to grind out some wins but for some reason I feel like this Arizona team always gives them trouble, even last year some of those games felt like a grind.
Avs always seem to have issues with they Coyotes. We lost our last game against them 2-1and that was with our cup team.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Arizona has been pure shit for 3 years, and yet, the Avs have struggled with them in each of those years. I expect a boring ass, low scoring affair, that probably goes to OT.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Every good team always has that one opponent they inexplicably struggle against. I remember wanting to bash my head against the wall every time the Avs of the Sakic/Roy/Forsberg years faced off against the mighty Clarke Wilm and the Calgary Flames. Jesus Christ they were a pain in the ass. Then for a while it was the Blackhawks (conversely, those rebuilding Avs gave the Cup-era Hawks all kinds of problems), now it's the Coyotes.

That said this is a much more even contest given all the effin' injuries.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Zona always plays the Avs well. Not really sure why the Avs have trouble with them year in year out.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Bednar says that EJ and G played how they were supposed to, but the forwards didn't keep their gaps. MacK maybe back tomorrow, it's up to him. Pretty much the same for Helm. Also notes that it's up to how Nuke's feeling before he starts skating again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad