I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
KAlchRH.png

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What a way to finish up those three B2Bs. 11 out of 12 pts. Feb was a tough month in our schedule and we are currently 6-1-2 with one more game to go. Proud of the guys.

It really feels like that stretch of 7 losses in 8 games at the end of Dec beginning of Jan was a turning point for this team. I really think that stretch of losses along with starting being healthy finally got them the boost they needed.

We win our games in hand and we are first in our division and one point behind Vegas in the West. We are playing them Monday to finish the Feb schedule.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
What a way to finish up those three B2Bs. 11 out of 12 pts. Feb was a tough month in our schedule and we are currently 6-1-2 with one more game to go. Proud of the guys.

It really feels like that stretch of 7 losses in 8 games at the end of Dec beginning of Jan was a turning point for this team. I really think that stretch of losses along with starting being healthy finally got them the boost they needed.

We win our games in hand and we are first in our division and one point behind Vegas in the West. We are playing them Monday to finish the Feb schedule.
Considering the ongoing health issues, the strength of opposition, and the amount of back-to-backs, taking 14 out of 18 points for February is outstanding.

I don't have the numbers, but I think we've been cooking on 5v5 since the beginning of the year.

Do we really need to add to get out of the West if we get good injury luck in the playoffs? (Not saying that we shouldn't add as much as we can given our limited assets, but wondering which Western teams can actually give us trouble over 7 games if we have all of our key players.)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Just realized JT Compher is having a career season in a contract year - 40 points in 57 games

Think someone will see him as a 2C and he’ll actually somehow end up with a raise?

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Just realized JT Compher is having a career season in a contract year - 40 points in 57 games

Think someone will see him as a 2C and he’ll actually somehow end up with a raise?
He'll end up with a decent sized raise somewhere

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Considering the ongoing health issues, the strength of opposition, and the amount of back-to-backs, taking 14 out of 18 points for February is outstanding.

I don't have the numbers, but I think we've been cooking on 5v5 since the beginning of the year.

Do we really need to add to get out of the West if we get good injury luck in the playoffs? (Not saying that we shouldn't add as much as we can given our limited assets, but wondering which Western teams can actually give us trouble over 7 games if we have all of our key players.)

We’re still garbage 5v5.

Since Jan 1st/23, we’re 21st in CF%, 22 xGF% and 27th in HDCF%. Luckily we play in a garbage conference, so it might not matter until the conference finals/finals.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We’re still garbage 5v5.

Since Jan 1st/23, we’re 21st in CF%, 22 xGF% and 27th in HDCF%. Luckily we play in a garbage conference, so it might not matter until the conference finals/finals.
OK now show us the same rankings starting Jan 14th which is after the stretch of 7 losses in 8 games. Jan 14th also coincides with when we started to get players back from injuries notably Nuke on Jan 16th. If I was a betting man I would bet it looks quite a bit better.

I'm not sure where you are getting these stats by the way.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
OK now show us the same rankings starting Jan 14th which is after the stretch of 7 losses in 8 games. Jan 14th also coincides with when we started to get players back from injuries notably Nuke on Jan 16th. If I was a betting man I would bet it looks quite a bit better.

I'm not sure where you are getting these stats by the way.

24th CF%, 12th xGF%, 25th HDCF% from the 14th on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad