GDT: Week of Emptiness: Nothing until Friday, then @WPG, vsCGY

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I am glad this break gives Makar a chance to maybe be ready to play in the B2B. However, no games for 4 days is awful. What will I do with all my extra time.
Might I, once again, suggest....

1fe19690-7550-4834-929a-1dccf06b2055_text.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So is this a new thing the NHL is trying now? Pulling an AHL and crowding all the games they can into the weekend? I seriously do not recall the last time I saw this many teams doing back-to-backs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So is this a new thing the NHL is trying now? Pulling an AHL and crowding all the games they can into the weekend? I seriously do not recall the last time I saw this many teams doing back-to-backs.
They've been doing it for years. We are just off kilter because the last couple seasons have been just trying to get games in. Now they have space, they try to pack in the weekends after football season to get ratings.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They've been doing it for years. We are just off kilter because the last couple seasons have been just trying to get games in. Now they have space, they try to pack in the weekends after football season to get ratings.

This has to be somewhat new though, I do not recall ever seeing three back-to-backs in a row, that's insane.

Reactions: Linds

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This has to be somewhat new though, I do not recall ever seeing three back-to-backs in a row, that's insane.

It is quirky, but there are always weird quirks. As an example between Feb 10th and March 2nd, Rangers play 11 games, 8 of them are on back to backs. ESPN is just trying to get programming in their gaps (there is roughly a 50% increase in nationally televised games under the new TV deals) and teams are trying to fit into busy arenas. So this quirkiness will only increase, especially as ratings are not great right now.

NHL always does this to teams they try to get on nationally... Pens have faced this a ton over the years.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
I'll be at the upcoming Jets game. Hopefully the boys show up and wheeler doesn't turn into McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad