Pre-Game Talk: Week of California (@SJ x2, ANH x2)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
QgfIzaf.png

Outside of perhaps Chicago/Tampa those would be all highly competitive series.

Also Carolina/Florida would be a damn good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avsboy

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
QgfIzaf.png

If the league continues to have Covid issues and goes to a points percentage based system like last season, then it'd actually be:

(1) Toronto vs (4) Edmonton
(2) Winnipeg vs (3) Montreal

(1) Tampa Bay vs (4) Chicago
(2) Florida vs (3) Carolina

(1) Vegas vs (4) St. Louis
(2) Colorado vs (3) Minnesota

(1) Boston vs (4) Washington
(2) Philadelphia vs (3) New York Islanders

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
QgfIzaf.png

Also Carolina/Florida would be a damn good one.
Avs and Wild both have a better win percentage than St Louis so it would be Vegas-Blues and Avs-Wild if the playoffs started today.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs and Wild both have a better win percentage than St Louis so it would be Vegas-Blues and Avs-Wild if the playoffs started today.
That's worst case scenario where the league actually has to use win %. We're not there yet.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's amazing that now we're deeper in the season, and the league just can't afford to postpone more games, there is suddenly no more covid outbreaks within teams. Or suddenly we don't hear much about people dying from covid after Biden took over Trump. Something just doesn't add up

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
It's amazing that now we're deeper in the season, and the league just can't afford to postpone more games, there is suddenly no more covid outbreaks within teams. Or suddenly we don't hear much about people dying from covid after Biden took over Trump. Something just doesn't add up
They likely just got hyper vigilant about it and took it seriously after the first few outbreaks.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They likely just got hyper vigilant about it and took it seriously after the first few outbreaks.
I'm not so sure about that. At the rate teams and players were getting covid, it's hard to believe that everyone just suddenly started doing the right thing, and there are no more outbreaks. And this is even without getting vaccinated

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Several teams have had outbreaks already, and thus those folks have antibodies against getting it again, and there were several players who got it during the break last year or in the offseason. I think the NHL might be very near "heard immunity" moving forward. Plus, I think guys are starting to be smarter about it after the outbreaks we saw the last 6-8 weeks.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not so sure about that. At the rate teams and players were getting covid, it's hard to believe that everyone just suddenly started doing the right thing, and there are no more outbreaks. And this is even without getting vaccinated
Herd immunity is starting to go up. Add in all the vaccinated people and we’re coming out of flu season and it makes sense that the numbers are going down.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Herd immunity is starting to go up. Add in all the vaccinated people and we’re coming out of flu season and it makes sense that the numbers are going down.
Several teams have had outbreaks already, and thus those folks have antibodies against getting it again, and there were several players who got it during the break last year or in the offseason. I think the NHL might be very near "heard immunity" moving forward. Plus, I think guys are starting to be smarter about it after the outbreaks we saw the last 6-8 weeks.

I get that people are getting vaccinated or there are players in the NHL which have immunity, but its little suspicious that so suddenly there are no more outbreaks and cancelations. I would understand if it was gradual improvement, but not this sudden

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I get that people are getting vaccinated or there are players in the NHL which have immunity, but its little suspicious that so suddenly there are no more outbreaks and cancelations. I would understand if it was gradual improvement, but not this sudden
The NHL community is way smaller than the population of the community. So it’s very likely the community of NHL’ers could be very close to herd immunity. It’s not that suspicious.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The NHL community is way smaller than the population of the community. So it’s very likely the community of NHL’ers could be very close to herd immunity. It’s not that suspicious.
I mean I'm not complaining. I'm glad and hope things continue to get back to normal. It just seems little bit odd that's all.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean I'm not complaining. I'm glad and hope things continue to get back to normal. It just seems little bit odd that's all.
I mean things are slowly getting back to a normal level. I mean with all the vaccinations going out there’s a chance the US as a whole has herd immunity.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean things are slowly getting back to a normal level. I mean with all the vaccinations going out there’s a chance the US as a whole has herd immunity.
Possibly. I'm not sure about other states, but here in California, specifically LA county, so far only health care workers and elderly folks are getting the vaccine, but we get the word that very soon, everyone will be eligible

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Possibly. I'm not sure about other states, but here in California, specifically LA county, so far only health care workers and elderly folks are getting the vaccine, but we get the word that very soon, everyone will be eligible
Well they’re averaging almost 2mil vaccines a day across the country and the new Johnson and Johnson vaccine will have 100 mil vaccines out in short order as well. Summer may be a little ambitious but the tide is certainly turning on this pandemic.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It might be interesting to keep trying Landeskog at centre while MacKinnon is out.

If it works you could trade for a winger instead of a centre at the deadline.

Rakell - MaKinnon - Saad
Nichushkin - Landeskog - Rantanen
Donskoi - Kadri - Burakovsky
Calvert - Jost - LOC

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad