Pre-Game Talk: Week of Blues, East Coast, and AHL Lineups (STL, @CAR, @WSH)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The team is giving up way too many shots right now. The fact that Georgiev has a .924SV% with a 2.70 GAA is pretty telling. That his save percentage is that high while allowing almost 3 goals a game.
Every game this season its been 30+ shots and probably 40 shots against a few times. Not good.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The team is giving up way too many shots right now. The fact that Georgiev has a .924SV% with a 2.70 GAA is pretty telling. That his save percentage is that high while allowing almost 3 goals a game.

Mediocre team, mediocre results. Not particularly surprising.

Just lucky the rest of the Central (and Western conference in general) is dogshit.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The team currently has no 2nd pairing and is missing by far its two best defensive forwards. It makes sense why there'd be some defensive woes. They just gotta get healthy

Reactions: RECKLESS

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
What happened to Ben Meyers? Any idea what injury he has? Not the start I envisioned for him. Thought he'd at least start out as a servicable bottom six forward.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Meyers should be back soon, maybe even tomorrow. If they want to be extra careful, they'll keep him out and wait until the black friday games against Iowa to put him back in.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Meyers should be back soon, maybe even tomorrow. If they want to be extra careful, they'll keep him out and wait until the black friday games against Iowa to put him back in.
Hopefully he comes back feeling pretty good and gets on a bit of a role. I liked what I saw from him last year, and am still hopeful for him to be a long-term option in the bottom-6

Reactions: The Kingslayer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hopefully he comes back feeling pretty good and gets on a bit of a role. I liked what I saw from him last year, and am still hopeful for him to be a long-term option in the bottom-6
He simply needs to play some minutes and get going. I don't think the Avs should call him up until some details are ironed out in his game, really no matter the injuries. Give him ~20 games in the AHL and that should clean things up.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
He simply needs to play some minutes and get going. I don't think the Avs should call him up until some details are ironed out in his game, really no matter the injuries. Give him ~20 games in the AHL and that should clean things up.
100% agree, that's why I was saying they need to get him going. He came into the NHL last year with a boatload of confidence after having a very strong season in the NCAA.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I hope he doesn't get on to big a role or they'll elevate his roll... and then wheel have to watch him get yo-yo'ed up and down the lineup.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought Meyers was looking fine to start this season, especially with such limited minutes. I think his playing style fits this team to a tee, so I'm not sure why Bednar refused to play him much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad