Pre-Game Talk: Week of Anxiety (LA, NAS, STL, @CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Barrie had a surprising PP cannon last night. If he can develop that, and make smart passes on the PP, he'll do real well offensively.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is extremely random but I'm up late at night. I have documents saved on my computer which detail line combos/stats/etc for the Avs throughout the last few years which I personally keep track of, and I got a kick looking at the line combinations on the final game of each season since 2011-2012. Here's 12-13, which I found absolutely hilarious given the defensive pairings, there was a time when Sacco had both Barrie and Elliott above EJ :laugh:
Crazy how much this organization has changed in 3 years. Only 7 players remain on the team today.
12-13:
McGinn-Stastny-Hejduk
Mitchell-Duchene-Parenteau
McLeod-O'Reilly-Landeskog
Bordeleau-Malone-Kobasew

Zanon-Barrie
Hejda-Elliott
O'Brien-Johnson

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
This is extremely random but I'm up late at night. I have documents saved on my computer which detail line combos/stats/etc for the Avs throughout the last few years which I personally keep track of, and I got a kick looking at the line combinations on the final game of each season since 2011-2012. Here's 12-13, which I found absolutely hilarious given the defensive pairings, there was a time when Sacco had both Barrie and Elliott above EJ :laugh:
Crazy how much this organization has changed in 3 years. Only 7 players remain on the team today.
12-13:
McGinn-Stastny-Hejduk
Bordeleau-Malone-Kobasew

Zanon-Barrie
Hejda-Elliott
O'Brien-Johnson

god i miss hejduk

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I was hopiong mini would lose but they won 3 2 and chico beat peng 3 2

at least NAsh lost last night and not in ot..
Go avs ... big win season is upon us now

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy essentially just said we aren't going to see Rantanen in the NHL this year.

Roy also confirms interest in Drouin.

He also managed to curse a few times on the radio and Mike Evans panicked.

Likes Grigorenko with the two old guys, so we'll see if that sticks a while.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Rantanen wont get called up for the last stretch of the season. What kind of crap is that! I guess that probably goes for Zadorov as well. Oh well, I'll be patient. Roy obviously knows better than I do.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
confirms interest in Drouin

seriously ?
The last thing we need

Yeah a young offensive player with a boatload of talent and potential who can be had at a reduced price (understand it will still be high) because he has requested a trade... definitely stay away from that one :sarcasm::popcorn:

TMV thanks for the bullet points, you are quite literally my primary source for radio updates since I can't listen myself.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It's a bit frustrating because Rantanen, Zadorov, and Bigras would all improve the team now. Lets hope it pays even bigger dividends down the line.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There are a lot of bodies/contracts/minute eaters on the Avs, so having the kids play big minutes in the AHL isn't the worst thing.

They are still developing properly down there and Avs window isn't open yet.

Ideally Rampage get healthy and go on a playoff run.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
12-13:
McGinn-Stastny-Hejduk
Bordeleau-Malone-Kobasew

Zanon-Barrie
Hejda-Elliott
O'Brien-Johnson

Ha, that's great, thanks for sharing. I wasn't as deeply involved back then so I didn't know lines and pairs. It's one reason why I like to have lineups in the GDT so we can look back at that stuff. See, Mitchell was always a second line player!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
We all know that if Roy called these guys up right now or in the near future, they would play 10-12 minutes a night and we'd all be *****ing about that. It's best to leave them down there. San Antonio is about to get Noreau, Cliche, and Rantanen back this weekend. Hopefully they can get their season back on track.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's a bit frustrating because Rantanen, Zadorov, and Bigras would all improve the team now. Lets hope it pays even bigger dividends down the line.

He specifically said he wants those three to get a full year in the minors. Who knows what happens at the very end of the season though. I don't mind the plan but I also don't like that much roster uncertainty going into next year.

Roy knew everything about Rantanen at WJC, he knew how Rants got his points, loved his net front presence. Called him a great leader.

I wanted them to ask about the new guy but they didn't. Roy did say EJ is not going on IR.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Loosing EJ right now sucks. Especially now that it's in our control to tie with Nashville for the final wild card over the next two games.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I really don't get the point in keeping Rantanen down. Obviously everyone can learn and improve further, but he seems to be getting to that point that he is just too good for that level. What exactly is the main development area with him? Zadorov is there to work on his D and develop the mental aspect of the game. Everberg is developing his offensive game. Bigras is getting more physical mature. Etc etc etc.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I really don't get the point in keeping Rantanen down. Obviously everyone can learn and improve further, but he seems to be getting to that point that he is just too good for that level. What exactly is the main development area with him? Zadorov is there to work on his D and develop the mental aspect of the game. Everberg is developing his offensive game. Bigras is getting more physical mature. Etc etc etc.

Roy kind of mentioned it but for him it's more getting used to the NA game, the travel, things like that. I still think a few injuries to forwards and they might look at it differently. Rendulic and probably Everberg are next in line but after that might get too tempting.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is no harm in keeping Rantanen down for a while longer. If the Avs are in a playoff push and feel they need some more secondary scoring, I'd be surprised if they don't give him a look before the deadline to see if he can fill that role for 'free.'

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Yeah a young offensive player with a boatload of talent and potential who can be had at a reduced price (understand it will still be high) because he has requested a trade... definitely stay away from that one :sarcasm::popcorn:

TMV thanks for the bullet points, you are quite literally my primary source for radio updates since I can't listen myself.
or
Another young talented forward not ready for the NHL to add to our ever growing pool of not yet ready for prime time players?
SERIOUSLY
We dont need him, we need a d man...
our defense is the issue
so, if in the best case you add this guy and he is a selfish star, who then wants star money? I do not think you are looking at the big picture here...

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Hoping for a big game from Martinsen tonight. Super talented Blues defence core needs to feel the wrath of his forecheck. Give one of them the same treatment Muzzin got on Monday.

Has anyone called Martinsen Andre the Giant yet? I like Golden Tangerine more(TPS), but Andre the giant is fitting too.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Judging from their GDT the Blues fans are pretty despondent about their team's play currently, so hopefully we'll give them cause to be even more so tonight. Here's to hoping that the Avs keep up their above average play against the Central.

With regards to Zads/Bigras/Rantanen...I'd definitely love to get a look at all three this season (closer to the end of things, especially if we're clearly out of the playoff picture), however I won't be totally torn up if we don't, especially if they are all playing well for the Rampage.

However I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't start next season with at least 2/3 if not all 3 up for the big club.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
There is no harm in keeping Rantanen down for a while longer. If the Avs are in a playoff push and feel they need some more secondary scoring, I'd be surprised if they don't give him a look before the deadline to see if he can fill that role for 'free.'

Obviously there is no harm. But I'm just curious how much he will benefit from staying down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad