Pre-Game Talk: Week of Anxiety (LA, NAS, STL, @CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The Week of Wooing Drouin

Really...points on the line here, but think of the future points with Drouin in the lineup??

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sooner or later they would have to start playing Central teams. It's probably good that they do it before trade deadline. Go on a crazy run and get some hope back or be out of it by February.

Not that it matters. Avs are never sellers either way, but in theory it's good to know.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Glad to see our home record is about to go totally down the ****ter

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
we need to return to the winning ways of the last streak, cycling on offense with a d man swinging into the play, a tough trap etc... last several games we have struggled against teams we really should be able to handle, and those points add up after awhile. I hope we can either find the right fit, now or never for the playoff hopes.... and if we lose this week I hope we can address some of these issues with a whopping multi player deal..
IT has just been so long since we had a two way team.

Go avs, I voted 5-6.. honestly happy with 5, anything more and I am overjoyed.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
This is week the team has been saving that 7 game win streak for. I think we will all be more optimistic about the playoffs at the end of this week.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Can the Avs please beat LA?

0-1 against them this year. 0-3 against them last year. 1-1 in 2014 (a 1-0 OT win).

The Kings own the Avalanche.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Terrible week for EJ to be injured. Fingers crossed he just needs a day of rest.

The fact Stuart is filling his spot in practice makes me hopeful that it's a very short term injury. Otherwise you think they would put someone with Beauchemin who was actually going to play.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well, we wanted to manage Beauch's minutes. That is a way to do it.:naughty:

I wouldn't read too much into it right now. Even if they are paired, I bet we see a rotation with Barrie, Beauch, and Holden playing 23-24+ minutes while the others play far less.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Stuart ain't playing tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how the rotations work. I don't want Guenin and Beauchemin out much together, but I'm sure it will happen. I think that would expose Beauchemin a lot.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well we won the one I thought we'd lose in regulation despite expecting 5-6 points from this week, so...yay?

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
going to the game Sunday
hopefully the outcome is 1 point better than my trip on new years eve

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Congrats Biffkaka for being on a team with a guy scoring his 600th goal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Barrie only had two points in October, got suspended for a few games, and is still on pace to put up more points than he did last season. Maybe another career season coming up and this one in a contract year.

Would love to see him play 25+ mins/gm while EJ is out. Hopefully Roy even gives him a look against opposing top lines. Better that than seeing Redmond/Guenin out there more. Best defense with EJ not playing might be a better offense. Let Barrie do his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad