Pre-Game Talk: Week of Anxiety (LA, NAS, STL, @CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
well, this is an interesting thread as we really are playing some good hockey
I hope we come to Chicoland with a fierce intensity... how sweet would a win in the Windy city be?

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Söderberg, now that he's got a little time to acclimatize and get NHL line mates, is the Stastny replacement the team has needed since Stastny left.

You will need a center with poise and patience to round out the team. In the last two minutes of the game when the team is up one goal, I feel more comfortable with Söderberg out there over pretty much everyone but a healthy Landeskog. It was pretty telling that the last minutes Beachemin and Holden, horny for goals, shot the puck and iced the puck leading to faceoffs in Avs defensive zone. When Söderberg got the puck he didn't even try to go for the goal but just got it into Preds zone and relieved the pressure.

Last edited:

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I think Söderberg, now that he's got a little time to acclimatize and get NHL line mates, is the Stastny replacement the team has needed since Stastny left.

You will need a center with poise and patience to round out the team. In the last two minutes of the game when the team is up one goal, I feel more comfortable with Söderberg out there over pretty much everyone but a healthy Landeskog.

Agreed. As good as Mack, Duchene and Mitchell can be at times, none of them really instill a certain type of confidence defensively that I have with Soderberg.

His positioning and stick play on the PK is really incredible.

Love the signing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I noticed that too, Soderberg shot that puck perfectly so it went in the corner and didn't go for icing, it burned off like 20 seconds. He was out there for a 2 minute shift too. He does so many good things a game. His passes are fantastic too. I agree that he really helps fill the Stastny hole.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Screen_Shot_2016_01_10_at_9_25_20_AM.png

Looks glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad