Pre-Game Talk: Week of Ambivalence (PIT, @CBJ, @MIN)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Love that interview. Was never a fan of Pracey and his obsession with small players. 2013 and 2014 drafts should go a long way in distinguishing Roy/Sakic from Pracey and how the two sides differed in their philosophies.

I wonder what Roy meant when he said they tried to get a partner for EJ. To me anyways, that was a little hint as to them maybe putting ROR out there looking for a top-pair guy.

One thing I didn't like was that he said they don't want to go after a 34-35 year old guy to play on the top pair with EJ just as a stop-gap. Does that mean Paul Martin is literally not even an option :laugh:

Yeah I wondered that too. How else were they going to get a player of that caliber?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We will see this summer what Sakic and Roy are thinking... Roy is about as honest as you can expect in his interviews, but he does have a tendency to speak out of both sides of his mouth.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I pray to Pesci we never get Cowen unless its a Cowen for Wilson type thing. Cowen sucks and I wont have many Sens fan arguing with me on that im sure.

It's too bad cause i don't think he would be available at this time, not for cheap at least. I think he would be a good addition to our team.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Yeah I wondered that too. How else were they going to get a player of that caliber?

If they re-sign ROR, i think McGinn is the one they will try to use on a trade, packaged with a draft pick and maybe on of our D prospects.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I guess it's worth mentioning that Roy said Berra will eventually start sometime this month but he confirmed Varly will play both this weekend.

We play ARZ, EDM (x2), and BUF this month :naughty:. Pretty sure their players get benched if they score goals right now.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Funny thing that no one ever asks Roy what he is going to do next year to get his young core to start the season on time. Say what you want about how good Landy, ROR, MacK, are playing right now, but the fact is, they screwed us early on. It was Tangs, Iggy, Varly, and EJ that even kept us close to anyone in the race. Once the pressure was off, so to speak, that's when everyone started to up their game, except for Duchene, who is unreliable at best this year. I would really like to hear what Roy has to say about it. Hopefully, it wouldn't just be him spouting about injuries to Winchester, Bordy, Wilson, ect.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So true. I love Roy (except when he's doing stupid **** like putting McLeod on the top line).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder if Roy changes his mind and goes with Berra tomorrow so he doesn't have Varly playing a B2B.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad