Pre-Game Talk: Week of All Stars (@TOR, @MTL, @STL)

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
With Rielly and Zaitsev out this is definitely a game the Avs can win. But this is also the type of game wear Mitch Marner and Nylander will get 4 points because leafs media and fans have just been ripping on them lately.

Do we know if Bernier is going to start both or is tomorrow going to be time for the Hamburgler?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Avs are a solid team. Zadorov and Johnson are shutting down everyone. And Mackinnon is probably as good as Mcdavid at this point.

^Stole this from the Leafs GDT. Geez, what a 9 game win streak will do for a teams reputation.

Dat defense

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
^Stole this from the Leafs GDT. Geez, what a 9 game win streak will do for a teams reputation.

Dat defense

At least that's recognition. Oftentimes we win a game and opponent fans are like "OMGZ we lost to a garbage team!!11"

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
I'll just drop this here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180122-165825.png
    Screenshot_20180122-165825.png
    829.6 KB · Views: 73

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
At least that's recognition. Oftentimes we win a game and opponent fans are like "OMGZ we lost to a garbage team!!11"

That is specifically what I was referring to. It's nice to see them be taken with an ounce of credibility. And coming from leaf fans :skeptic:

Reactions: Murzu

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
I may be one of the only diehard Jaguars / Avalanche fans in the world. I need our streak to be extended to 10 games tonight in the worst way.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
All streaks die. I'd personally prefer it not to die to one of the more obnoxious fan bases in the NHL though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Matthews got abused by MacKinnon in Denver. I'll bet Babcock does everything in his power to get him out there against Kerfoot/Jost. Don't think he'd want his top line going against Nieto-Soderberg-Comeau, either.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Matthews got abused by MacKinnon in Denver. I'll bet Babcock does everything in his power to get him out there against Kerfoot/Jost. Don't think he'd want his top line going against Nieto-Soderberg-Comeau, either.

I agree Babs won't want Matthews going against Soda. If Babs wants to put Matthews up against that line Matthews will have to start a lot of his time in the D-zone I would think. Could also be worth moving Compher to C on that line for this game.

Worried about Bernier playing in Toronto. Guy had a rough time here. The fans will probably be all over him.

I'll be at the game tonight though. Only Avs game I get to see live every year so pretty excited.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno...Matthews might actually match up against the Soda line pretty well. Soda can't keep up with Matthews and I don't think the other two guys are good enough to keep him in check. We'll see I guess.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Matthews is going to have Z and EJ to deal with. I'm personally more worried about Avs-killer Marleau

Toronto doing a good job reminding everyone why no one wants to play there

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Matthews is going to have Z and EJ to deal with. I'm personally more worried about Avs-killer Marleau

Toronto doing a good job reminding everyone why no one wants to play there

Except Doughty, Karlsson and Tavares of course....

I really hope the avs can win the next 2. They should win against a leafs team missing 2 of their top 3 defenseman, and I don't want to see the streak end if Hammond is in net for his sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad