Pre-Game Talk: Week of a real hockey schedule (@Buf @Ott @Cbj @Min)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't think it matters which goalie we get tomorrow, both of them are having crazy good seasons. Maybe Korpo will have some rust coming back from injury.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd much, much rather face Korpi than Elvis. Elvis still has some inconsistency to his game, but when he's playing well, he's damn near unbeatable.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Someday... maybe someday... somebody will realize that Columbus is just a solidly built team and are good. Not contending good (yet), but good

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Someday... maybe someday... somebody will realize that Columbus is just a solidly built team and are good. Not contending good (yet), but good

It is a tad bit funny at this point. 99.9% of people just refuse to acknowledge it.

I'll tell you one thing, the Atlantic Lottery Corporation here in Atlantic Canada hasn't acknowledged that the Jackets are a good team yet, and I have taken full advantage of that lately.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
But... I read their obituary last summer after Panarin and Bob left... :huh:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Honestly, Elvis is the leading contender to take the Calder from Makar, if he remains the starter the rest of the season.
Honestly, if they make the playoffs and he gets a good amount of starts and another couple of shutouts he probably deserves it.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Honestly, Elvis is the leading contender to take the Calder from Makar, if he remains the starter the rest of the season.

Let’s not forget that Elvis is almost 26 years old. While he technically qualifies for the Calder, I don’t see him receiving a ton of votes for that reason. People were fuming when Panarin won it at 24.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Columbus are the closest thing we’ve witnessed to Roy’s 13/14 Avalanche team. They have better defenseman and goaltending (I say defenseman instead of “defense” because Colorado’s team defense was better) but less high end skill.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Let’s not forget that Elvis is almost 26 years old. While he technically qualifies for the Calder, I don’t see him receiving a ton of votes for that reason. People were fuming when Panarin won it at 24.
If they just chase him tonight, the boys have a chance to do some real damage to Elvis's push

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think the small body of work will prevent Elvis from winning even if he continues like this. They won’t give it to a goalie with 40-45 games played.

He could definitely be widely considered the “most impressive rookie” but nobody is getting a Calder trophy with half a season of work.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
sweet we get to light up the hot goalie stealing the spotlight from makar

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
We used to talk about how the 2009 draft impacted the Avs so greatly, how about 2013? Not only by drafting but through trades/signings too the Avs end up with

- 2 of the best, most dynamic and skilled players in the NHL
- used Bigras to acquire the best +/- man in the NHL
- Nathan MacKinnon

Wow thats crazy
Don't forget Andrighetto and all the joy he brought us

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hate to do this against my favorite team but if anyone likes value bets go hard on CBJ tonight.
Odds will favor the Avs because of their record and it factors the back to back. What it won’t factor is that the first half of the back to back was against an AHL team who posted 15 shots.

On the other hand the Avs had an 11 game break, played the flyers and then two other awful teams. They’ve essentially played one good team in the last 4 weeks lol. If Columbus comes out flying the Avs probably won’t even know what to do tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad