Pre-Game Talk: Week of a real hockey schedule (@Buf @Ott @Cbj @Min)

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
4 - 0 please. I think Avs really need to win the division and play the pacific to have a decent run. Going through Dallas won't be easy regardless of home ice. Hopefully they take advantage of Stl dropping games.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Colin Wilson resides in his office still
John_C_Wilson_Gravestone.jpg

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Glad the Avs had that extra night off so I could clean up all the vomit from my carpet after Graves turnover on the 4th goal as well as the other horrible breakdowns the Avs had.

Hope the funk is out and they sweep the week and please for goodness sake dont lose to the Wild again

Reactions: larueskee

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was reading some interesting articles from TheScore which conducted a playoff cheque including percentage of making it at current state, what needs to potentially improve, and remaining strength of schedule.

Avs have the easiest schedule from now to the end of the season, it is 31st in winning percentage. However, there is one week of games they mentioned will be quite tough that is against Dallas, Washington, NYI, and Lightning. Stars schedule is 22nd in the league in regards to toughness.

Breaking down the remaining schedules of West's playoff hopefuls

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I really hope LeBrun is wrong about us getting Martinez. I do however think he is correct on his reasoning, that you’re going to need options in a long playoffs. So, let’s get some reps for Calle now so we know what we have if needed later.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Very weird use of a conditioning loan. Avs and Barbario are currently in Ottawa. That’s quite the distance to swap a couple of guys. Why not wait until they return home?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I really hope LeBrun is wrong about us getting Martinez. I do however think he is correct on his reasoning, that you’re going to need options in a long playoffs. So, let’s get some reps for Calle now so we know what we have if needed later.
I’d be giving Rosen and Timmins some games before I trade anything for Martinez

Reactions: Avs91

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Very weird use of a conditioning loan. Avs and Barbario are currently in Ottawa. That’s quite the distance to swap a couple of guys. Why not wait until they return home?
Why recall Rosen at all? Barbs wasn't playing. They could just send Barbs down and recall Rosen if needed. Do they have to recall someone for contract reasons?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why recall Rosen at all? Barbs wasn't playing. They could just send Barbs down and recall Rosen if needed. Do they have to recall someone for contract reasons?

Because it would be crazy to be on an east coast road trip without having an extra defenseman in case something goes wrong.

Interesting they would do this. Wonder if it's to showcase Rosen somehow or maybe get Barberio in game shape for a potential trade.

Yeah the latter is what I’m thinking. I doubt we see Rosen but perhaps they want Barbs to play a little and if they wait until they return home to do so, Barbs wont be in real game shape in time for the deadline.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I'd say almost certainly that this is trade related.

Someone has probably shown some level of interest in Barbs and the Avs are getting him into some game action for a potential deal.

Probably a selling team that likes Barberio as a warm body to finish out the season and helps cut down the cost ever so slightly on who the Avs are getting back.

I would also suggest if we're potentially trading Barbie that we're probably into pretty serious discussions about acquiring a Dman. Which is a great thing to deduce.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ya I'd say almost certainly that this is trade related.
Why can't it be just a conditioning stint? Dude hasn't played a game in ages and if we need him he has to be in game shape.

Somehow, I doubt that we are pimping Barberio for a trade. He'd be a throw-in and the selling team acquiring him wouldn't care much about him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why can't it be just a conditioning stint? Dude hasn't played a game in ages and if we need him he has to be in game shape.

Somehow, I doubt that we are pimping Barberio for a trade. He'd be a throw-in and the selling team acquiring him wouldn't care much about him.

Because teams rarely(If ever) do that just for the sake of doing it unless it's injury related.

Barberio has been healthy and practicing with the team so it's not like he would actually be significantly out of shape or anything.

Combined with the time of year that this is happening I'd say its pretty fair to speculate its trade related. 14 days from now would bring you up to deadline week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad