Pre-Game Talk: Week of a real hockey schedule (@Buf @Ott @Cbj @Min)

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think the small body of work will prevent Elvis from winning even if he continues like this. They won’t give it to a goalie with 40-45 games played.

He could definitely be widely considered the “most impressive rookie” but nobody is getting a Calder trophy with half a season of work.

It's in the NHL's best interest to give it to a young, budding superstar. I'm not saying the award is all about what's best for the NHL, but from a marketing standpoint, it's a lot more beneficial for a Cale Makar/Quinn Hughes to win the Calder trophy than a 26-year old goalie in Columbus. If it's at all close, I don't think Elvis has a chance.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Grubauer is our starter and better than francouz. Games haven’t been on back to backs and we’re fighting for position in the standings. This is pretty standard...

Reactions: Pokecheque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hate to do this against my favorite team but if anyone likes value bets go hard on CBJ tonight.

I wouldn't do that. I expect the Avs to win tonight and it won't be really close. CBJ played way above their head recently, they played (and won) yesterday and Avs should be very motivated to end their winning streak. We have the better team, should be more motivated and more rested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad