source.gif

tumblr_ptibhkN8ht1t3xmzqo4_r1_500.gifv

col15-altcrest.png

tumblr_p46srtExkH1qhc7aqo3_r1_400.gif

source.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I really want that top line split up. Mackinnon doesn’t get to have the puck as much when playing with Gabe and Mikko. The Avs are at their best when Nathan Mackinnon has the puck. Guys like Donskoi/Nuke/Calvert work their asses off to draw pucks loose and get them to the right player. I think that’s what Nate needs right now.

This also opens Gabe/Mikko up to elevate another line.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So many emotions from the OP, I'll add my favorite from the 2010's.

giphy.gif

Fully realizing all the losing from 16-17, dropping in the lottery, and the two years of development patience was going to pay off.

As for the week W, L, W

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really want that top line split up. Mackinnon doesn’t get to have the puck as much when playing with Gabe and Mikko. The Avs are at their best when Nathan Mackinnon has the puck. Guys like Donskoi/Nuke/Calvert work their asses off to draw pucks loose and get them to the right player. I think that’s what Nate needs right now.

This also opens Gabe/Mikko up to elevate another line.
I would do...

Calvert - MacKinnon - Donskoi
Landeskog - Kadri - Rantanen
Nuke - Bellemare - Burakovsky
Jost - Compher - Nieto

I hate breaking up the third line, but I think that line could work. Nuke and PEB work their arse off and give the puck to Bura, it's a nice blend of talent, grit, and more importantly overcoming Burakovsky's terrible weaknesses.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs haven't had one successful late comeback game this season. No goalie pulled miracle.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I would do...

Jost - Compher - Nieto

I hate breaking up the third line, but I think that line could work. Nuke and PEB work their arse off and give the puck to Bura, it's a nice blend of talent, grit, and more importantly overcoming Burakovsky's terrible weaknesses.
I'd switch Calvert and Burakovsky. I think Burakovsky works well with MacKinnon, I'd like to see him get going again. That, and I don't want Burakovsky out there with Bellemare and Nichuskin if Bednar is intent on using them in a defensive role lol.

As for the week, I think it goes W/L/W

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I’m ready to give Nishushkin a shot on the top line. He’s been flying out there lately, and although he hasn’t scored a ton lately, he’s looked dangerous. I’d try

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Nishuskin
Burakovsky - Kadri - Rantanen
Calvert - Bellamare - Donskoi
Jost - Compher - Nieto

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
MacK and Mikko are fake superstars, Bednar is a horrible coach, the only true star player on the Avs is Makar who's gonna demand a trade after Avs collapse and miss the playoffs this year.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I would do...

Jost - Compher - Nieto

The terrible weaknesses of Bura is less evident with Mack. I would swap the spots for Calvert/Bura due to his stronger skating and exceptional shot. Nuke might be better with Jost in adding size, skating and relentless forechecking.

Bura - Mack - Donskoi
Landy - Kadr i- Rants
Nuke - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad