Pre-Game Talk: Week in Memoriam (@VAN, @EDM, @CGY)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
3 losses. Gonna predict we get blown out in both Edmonton and Calgary while the Vancouver game is probably quite boring. This week will confirm that we are a seller, at least standings wise

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Sascha

Jan 7, 2018
vancouver is a weird team this year. they don't look good on paper but have recently won 6-0 @ dallas and 6-1 against boston. i have not the best feeling for this

and yes, with varly in net, and he was very good yesterday, we are losing to the oilers. his record must be horrific against edmonton.

is smith injured for calgary? anyway, this game also will be tough for us.

i'm not a pessimistic person, but this week could be ugly

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nemeth will have to play >25 minutes/game now. ;-)
k0xmE.gif

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Nemeths play is a lot worse than it was for the first months of the season. Unfortunately. If he consistently played like he did for the first ~30-40 games of the season he'd easily be a #5D.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This is going to be a real test for Barrie. He's going to be taking on a 1A/1B role with Zadorov. I think Barrie is a capable #2 but I think he needs a legit #1 to play with to succeed at that. He isn't going to have that in this situation and therefore I think he'll be in over his head a little, but it will be interesting to see if he's able to rise his game and succeed. He's done it twice in the past when EJ has gone down and has also failed once in the past too (last season). I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt for now and call last season a lost cause.

I think you're going to see a lot of other teams scouting the Avalanche right now for that very reason too. If teams are interested in Tyson Barrie, their question marks probably come from wondering how he'll do on a top pairing. This is going to answer a lot of questions and will probably play a key role in the return Barrie gets if he's traded down the line.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This team went .500 without their hart candidate. Given how well Barrie has filled in for EJ in the past...when he wasn't struggling with a new coach that didn't know how to use him...and given that Zadorov would be the best consistent partner Barrie has ever had by a mile; we should be able to even better than we did without our talisman.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Shifting back into a development-year mentality, which is honestly what I should have had this entire time. That 10 game win streak went to all our heads.

I want to see Z and Jost with a ton of minutes. This might actually be good for Z, he really stepped it up last year when EJ went down. I'm not expecting wins anymore, just let the kids be competitive.

At least Joe can confidently be a seller at the deadline now (I hope)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is going to be a real test for Barrie. He's going to be taking on a 1A/1B role with Zadorov. I think Barrie is a capable #2 but I think he needs a legit #1 to play with to succeed at that. He isn't going to have that in this situation and therefore I think he'll be in over his head a little, but it will be interesting to see if he's able to rise his game and succeed. He's done it twice in the past when EJ has gone down and has also failed once in the past too (last season). I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt for now and call last season a lost cause.

I think you're going to see a lot of other teams scouting the Avalanche right now for that very reason too. If teams are interested in Tyson Barrie, their question marks probably come from wondering how he'll do on a top pairing. This is going to answer a lot of questions and will probably play a key role in the return Barrie gets if he's traded down the line.

This team went .500 without their hart candidate. Given how well Barrie has filled in for EJ in the past...when he wasn't struggling with a new coach that didn't know how to use him...and given that Zadorov would be the best consistent partner Barrie has ever had by a mile; we should be able to even better than we did without our talisman.

Watch Bednar find a way not to play Barrie and Z together.

Reactions: cgf

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Am i the only one who reloads this page every 10min or so hoping to get infos on EJs (and Lindholms) injuries?

Or are there others like me out there? :help:

Well now i know ...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lindholm clearly looked like he separated his shoulder. I'm going to assume the same about EJ too even though his reaction to the injury was a lot weirder than Lindholm's. You don't see players react that violently in pain when they get a shoulder injury. They usually keep the movements as minimal as possible.

I'd guess Lindholm is done for the season. No clue about EJ.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
February 18th 2018 - the day the Avs season went down the shitter. Usually i'm quiet optimistic when it comes to my hockey team but this is too much to overcome.

Pretty sure they will make more test with these guys in the next few days and we will know more by the end of the week but i assume both could be done for the season.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
EJ is pretty much guaranteed a season ending injury each year, so I doubt he is back any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad