Pre-Game Talk: Week in Memoriam (@VAN, @EDM, @CGY)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Warsofsky is such a boring pick, but you knew it was coming when a coaching staff loses their horse. They’re always going to defer to a vet.

Interested to see the pairings thought. I’d like to see Z and Girard together.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's small, but BSN tweeting "lol" at the end of that tweet just isn't very professional. They're trying to improve their reputation covering hockey and that just isn't a way to do it. You can have opinionated pieces, but when you're breaking news, don't seemingly make fun of the player that's being called up.

And they don't even understand either. As long as they have this immature, blogger type of vibe they'll never get where they want to get.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's small, but BSN tweeting "lol" at the end of that tweet just isn't very professional. They're trying to improve their reputation covering hockey and that just isn't a way to do it. You can have opinionated pieces, but when you're breaking news, don't seemingly make fun of the player that's being called up.
Last week Dater tweeted out a link for an update on Nathan Mackinnon's injury status but you had to be a subscriber to read it. Oddly enough Sadowski, Frei and Chambers had already told us on twitter about 45 minutes before BSN's article was published that he wasn't going to be playing against Montreal.

I understand the way the world is going and people have to get paid. But you're going to have to be much better than anyone else if you want me to subscribe for that garbage. Last night Dater said he was going to have exclusive insider information on EJ's injury today. Has anyone gotten that from him yet?

Every single practice Dater tweets out line combos and crap like that 30 minutes after practice has ended but tweets it like it's live. Thanks Dater but we already learned that while practice was actually happening from people who gave a crap to tell us.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

I thought the exact same thing. Personal account, whatevs. Company account, no tact there. And that's coming from a big AJ fan.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Last week Dater tweeted out a link for an update on Nathan Mackinnon's injury status but you had to be a subscriber to read it. Oddly enough Sadowski, Frei and Chambers had already told us on twitter about 45 minutes before BSN's article was published that he wasn't going to be playing against Montreal.

I understand the way the world is going and people have to get paid. But you're going to have to be much better than anyone else if you want me to subscribe for that garbage. Last night Dater said he was going to have exclusive insider information on EJ's injury today. Has anyone gotten that from him yet?

Every single practice Dater tweets out line combos and crap like that 30 minutes after practice has ended but tweets it like it's live. Thanks Dater but we already learned that while practice was actually happening from people who gave a crap to tell us.

Also the whole "Kamanev is active and will be playing in SA this weekend" tweet from Dater

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
At first I thought the articles were pretty good, but I've found them increasingly uninteresting to read. At least it's within 30 days from subscribing. Good luck to them but they have a ways to go imo.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Fun times ahead. Have to think they'll have no choice but to actually play Mironov now. I'd guess Siemens continues to sit.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It is kind of crazy to think that, as terrible as these injuries have been, how much better the depth is this year than in years past. We would have been playing Belzile and Grimaldi in the top six last year if we had put this many people on IR.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Warsofsky wasn’t bad last time we saw him, but he’s an AHLer.

I’d rather see Siemens than Mironov at this point.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why doesn't Dater stay with other families when he books AirBNB? It's really odd. Does he not know he can book like an entire house/condo/apartment all to himself?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In addition to EJ and Lindholm going on IR it looks like the Avs have put Bernier on IR too leaving them with a 22 man roster right now. Wonder if there's another call up or something to come. Rolling with 22 has been common in years past but they've generally been at 23 this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Bednar has some really positive things to say about Jost starting around the 6:30 mark. Still a ways to go in this season but I can't wait to see Jost next season after another offseason of training. Hopefully they'll have a better plan and linemates for him as well.

Siemens also got a little bit of love in that interview. Good for him, bad for Mironov.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Bednar has some really positive things to say about Jost starting around the 6:30 mark. Still a ways to go in this season but I can't wait to see Jost next season after another offseason of training. Hopefully they'll have a better plan and linemates for him as well.

Siemens also got a little bit of love in that interview. Good for him, bad for Mironov.

Maybe not so bad for Mironov if Warsofsky continues to look like a disaster.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Warsofsky handles the puck like a grenade, and I'm pretty sure they'll tie Varlamov to the posts like Milhouse before Hammond gets a game.

Were we watching two different players last night? I certainly didn't think he was great--in fact he had a terrible turnover that led to a scoring chance to begin the game--but he did a far better job of securing and moving the puck than Nemeth has in the past 15 games or so. It certainly didn't help matters that they had him out there with the one guy who may actually be worse with the puck than Nemeth and Lindholm (and boy did it show). That said, I didn't think Dunk was atrocious either, he was just sorta...adequate I guess.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
After watching the sputtering of th avs offense without Mackinnon, I’m far more comfortable without EJ than without Mackinnon.

It’s gonna suck, but at least we can score. And a team that can score will always be a threat, in the regular season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
One thing I liked about Duncan last night was his shots. Yeah, there were only two of them but they were two of the first six shots we took. One was actually on goal and the other was blocked by Horvat. I liked that he wasn't afraid to shoot when he had a chance. We have a team that is constantly looking to pass, so it was refreshing for me to see that in his limited TOI. I think he played a pretty simple and effective game. Not saying he was Adam Foote or anything but I didn't mind him being in the lineup and wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more minutes in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->