NFL GDT: Week 9

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
About time the offence come back. And now the stress of having to go back to work not knowing how this ends

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Solid win for the Vikings.

Patricia elects for the FG in the redzone when down 24-6 late in the 4th quarter. Vikings recovered the onside kick so he uses all of his timeouts to stop the clock. Stafford, who was sacked 10 times today, then goes out there and QB sneaks twice because they're backed up against their own goal line and then just kneels to end the game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Solid win for the Vikings.

Patricia elects for the FG in the redzone when down 24-6 late in the 4th quarter. Vikings recovered the onside kick so he uses all of his timeouts to stop the clock. Stafford, who was sacked 10 times today, then goes out there and QB sneaks twice because they're backed up against their own goal line and then just kneels to end the game.

Yeah but Fat Matt has good posture.

Reactions: Avs_19

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The Jets rushed Darnold it appears.

Why these **** teams don't take the Mahomes route and let their QB grow slowly but surely as the backup instead of taking a beating constantly, I have no idea.

Because situations like Mahomes was in are extremely rare. And to reiterate rookie QB's almost always are bad. What you see from Darnold isn't anything out of the norm.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Why these **** teams don't take the Mahomes route and let their QB grow slowly but surely as the backup instead of taking a beating constantly, I have no idea.

Unless there Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck who can start day 1, some franchises just rush them out of the gate.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Mahomes would've been fine if he started Day 1, they just didn't have to do it.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

Most of those teams don’t have a QB of Alex Smith’s caliber (yes, seriously) or a coach of Andy Reid’s caliber to sit back on. The Chiefs went 10-6 last year. The Jets/Bills had pretty much no prayer of those records coming into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad