NFL GDT: Week 9

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nah. They’ll be drafting another linebacker. I mean, with Gregory, Smith, and Vander Esch, the Cowboys have spent two 2nds and a 1st round pick on three LBers who aren’t really doing ****. Might as well throw another in there since Lee will be completely broken by then.

Smith and Vander Esch have been good. Lee is washed.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Smith and Vander Esch have been good. Lee is washed.
Smith has been ok. Vander Esch is good, but even with all of Lee's injuries this season, Vander Esch is only playing 65% of snaps. When Lee is playing, Vander Esch on the sideline more often than not. My gripe is them over spending at the LB position considering you're only going to have two LBs on the field most plays these days. Lee is super injury prone, but using your first rounder as an insurance pick to cover for Lee was a really odd thing to do. Instead of filling an every down need, they just added an extra body to a group.

Reactions: m9

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Smith has been ok. Vander Esch is good, but even with all of Lee's injuries this season, Vander Esch is only playing 65% of snaps. When Lee is playing, Vander Esch on the sideline more often than not. My gripe is them over spending at the LB position considering you're only going to have two LBs on the field most plays these days. Lee is super injury prone, but using your first rounder as an insurance pick to cover for Lee was a really odd thing to do. Instead of filling an every down need, they just added an extra body to a group.

they are cutting lee this offseason.

Sep 19, 2008
It sure is. The Cowboys can't put up points, and that's because their QB play is well below league average.

It's because he has nobody to throw to.

Think about it. You are putting Dak out there with basically forum posters from HFBoards. They are not NFL caliber. What do you expect to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad