Pre-Game Talk: Week 9: Week at Home (Ana, Wpg, Phi)

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
It’s a little bit of the chicken and the egg with Tatar. Gets 8mins a night next to Drouin and Ryjo, plus barely any PP time. Like what do you really expect is gonna happen.

Still has more points than Drouin too.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It’s a little bit of the chicken and the egg with Tatar. Gets 8mins a night next to Drouin and Ryjo, plus barely any PP time. Like what do you really expect is gonna happen.

Still has more points than Drouin too.

He's had opportunities on the top line as well though. And the issue with Tatar in particular is he doesn't look good either. It's one thing if you're just getting unlucky but playing well. It'd another if you look like shit while getting nothing done.

Take Drouin. His numbers aren't great but you can tell he really has bought into the way Bednar and this teams wants him to play. He's working hard at both ends of the ice and creating chances, the only one on that 2nd line quite frankly doing so.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
He's had opportunities on the top line as well though. And the issue with Tatar in particular is he doesn't look good either. It's one thing if you're just getting unlucky but playing well. It'd another if you look like shit while getting nothing done.

Take Drouin. His numbers aren't great but you can tell he really has bought into the way Bednar and this teams wants him to play. He's working hard at both ends of the ice and creating chances, the only one on that 2nd line quite frankly doing so.
Sure. Personally just think that giving them all a lifeline by separating Mack and Mikko would be the better play.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sure. Personally just think that giving them all a lifeline by separating Mack and Mikko would be the better play.

Oh absolutely I agree with this. Could also wake Mikko up to no longer be able to just coast knowing he has Nuke/Mack doing most of the work on his line.

This is probably the most frustrating part of Bednars coaching this year for me, that he won't split those two up.

Lol ya Bednar f***ing hates RyJo. Not surprising. Laziest player in the league for sure, well actuallt his linemate might even be more lazy. A damn shame for the talent he has.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

That's an amazing statement. :laugh:

Our 3rd line with 2 guys that should actually be 4th liners, has become our 2nd line.

Not great, Bob!
Depth!

(I sometimes wonder to myself if Bednar's ideal lineup isn't 3 straight up north/south lines who play physical and don't do anything besides hit and put puck on net... with one pure skill line)

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Yeah... but more or less, this whole idea of the Avs would suddenly be healthy like has been portrayed here is just a false hope. Avs are never healthy and there shouldn't be any expectation of that changing.
bUt iF wE'rE iJuReD aLl sEaSoN, wE'Ll bE hEaLtHy fOr tHe pLaYoFfS!

• Haha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
bUt iF wE'rE iJuReD aLl sEaSoN, wE'Ll bE hEaLtHy fOr tHe pLaYoFfS!
Here's the pic you needed to add:

spongebob.jpg

Alright... what happened with this migration on images?

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Spitballing here:

Nuke-Mack-Drouin/Tatar
Wood-Colton-Mikko
Drouin/Tatar-Ryjo-LOC
Cogs-Olf-Kiviranta

Breaks up Mack and Mikko, while elevating Colton to 2C. Then gives Ryjo a tryhard to inspire him a little out there.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's an amazing statement. :laugh:

Depth!

(I sometimes wonder to myself if Bednar's ideal lineup isn't 3 straight up north/south lines who play physical and don't do anything besides hit and put puck on net... with one pure skill line)

I would be ok with that tbh, if they had the 2nd line versions of those players playing on the 2nd line.

I bet Bednar would love to have a prime Ryan Kesler or David Backes on this team right now :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Image is showing now. Bit of a hiccup with the recent migration. Happened with the last one as well, it will sort itself out.
Did they try turning it off and back on again?

I would be ok with that tbh, if they had the 2nd line versions of those players playing on the 2nd line.

I bet Bednar would love to have a prime Ryan Kesler or David Backes on this team right now :laugh:
That's kinda what Lehky and Nuke are... skilled enough to be on a top 6 line, but play that north/south style. I'm sure Bednar would kill for a prime Kesler on this team. Problem is, Avs simply can't afford those guys.

• Haha

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Did they try turning it off and back on again?

That's kinda what Lehky and Nuke are... skilled enough to be on a top 6 line, but play that north/south style. I'm sure Bednar would kill for a prime Kesler on this team. Problem is, Avs simply can't afford those guys.

Yeah, Lehky and Nuke would fill the winger roles on that 2nd line so well.

Tbh we're not really that far off what Bednar probably wants if we were to get healthy.

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - ???? - Nuke
Wood - Colton - Kovalenko
Cogs - Olofsson- LOC

Basically a 2C away. But the problem is they have literally 0 cap space for a 2C with Landy off LTIR and the money already spent on the Defense.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I think right now we’re a 2C away from being considered one of the top stanley cup contenders in the league and that’s amazing to be a fan of but man, I just live vicariously through the 20-21 team where it was the Avs ….. and then everyone else in the NHL. Being amongst the greats is fantastic and all but being a step above all else was the best. My favorite team has a legit shot at winning another Stanley Cup this year and all I keep thinking is “nothing will ever top that championship team”. And it wasn’t even just because they won the cup. They were the class of the NHL before that and everyone knew it.

It’s not fair to compare this team to that team given the circumstances but I can’t help it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad